Maintaining Atomic regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should rinse gear after any kind of dives....but you should not soak your REGS or for that matter soak anything for an extended time period...

Oh yeah, I rinse after every dive. But do I need to soak them overnight? That seems like a little bit of overkill.

What you NEED to do, Mr. Cheapskate, is purchase an AL80 of your own. Or better yet, an HP100. And while you're at it, could you pick me up an HP100 as well? That would eliminate this problem. :)

See you Sunday!

You shoul dstill rinse your reg even after use in fresh water where most fresh water is not really that clean. There's still lots of stuff in it that you don't want drying in your reg.

The best way to clean your Atomic reg is with them pressurized so you soak them. If you can't do that then follow the procedure Hzracing described, although I'm not sure about the hot water, and make sure that the first stage is well above the second when when rinsing the second stage.

I liked the idea of buying a pony tank best. You indicated that you use one anyway so consider it an investment for when you dive with places that don't rent them.

P.S.

When I say soak them I mean for a an hour or two, not overnight. As you already have realized, that would be unnecessary overkill plus keeping the reg pressurized for that amount of time will probably increase wear on the internal parts which you'd obviously prefer to avoid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom