Mail Order Results - Good or bad?

Anyone had any unresolved warranty problems with any mail order firms?

• Yes, Dive Inn.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes, Leisure Pro.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes, Divers Direct.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • No - never had a problem.

Votes: 39 92.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just used my Aqua Lung LX octo today for the first time and my dive buddy noticed my face plate fall off during the dive - apparently, there is a missing 'lock ring' or 'snap ring' that goes over the face plate and holds it over the diaphragm.

You have the worst luck with mail order. I haven't had any problems yet.

Yup - went to the LDS - the buckle WAS on backwards.

Don't jinx yourselves - this can happen to ANYONE! The fact that it HASN'T happened to you does not mean it NEVER can!

I'm not looking for 'strikes' of anyhting - don't read more into the poll that is there - its just a informal survey for buyers - not a court martial! Simply a survey out of curiosity.

I never said out of the many orders that I placed I have had other problems - because I haven't. Your 'reading' more into this survey than really exists. Its JUST an informal questionaire to see how others have done with mail order, and is a project I am working on....

Enough said?

Scuba446 once bubbled...
Yup - just used my Aqua Lung LX octo today for the first time and my dive buddy noticed my face plate fall off during the dive - apparently, there is a missing 'lock ring' or 'snap ring' that goes over the face plate and holds it over the diaphragm.

Thats 2 strikes for Lesiure Pro - 1 with the incorrectly assembled Mares tank strap and this is #2...

Hmmm let me get this straight. Leisure Pro took out the tank strap, reversed the buckle, put it back in and then shipped it to you. Now they took your Aqua Lung octo and took out the snap ring.... Wow, those guys must really hate you...

Sounds more like strike one for Mares and strike one for Aqua Lung to me...

Ty

Uncle Pug once bubbled, then erased, then bubbled...
read fast.

UP, maybe you should change your username to No Comment? :wink:

Nope - never said Lesiure Pro DID anything as such. I'm merely pointing out SOME of the POSSIBLE drawbacks / advantages of mail order vs. LDS purchases - and taking a survey of others' experiences.

As I said before, I have placed MANY orders with LP with no problems. I don't equate 2 problems out of 30 or so orders as justification of discontinuing mail order purchases. 30:2 is a pretty small ratio.

I'm sure both of these items (or at least the Mares strap) was done during manufacturing at the factory. As far as the Aqua Lung reg locknut - who can say. Could have been factory, cold have fallen off when I opened the pkg. Not sure.

What do I do with the enormous savings from the mail order guys:)

Never had a problem... ever.
I have purchased well over $10,000.00 worth of gear and other items, and never been burned. Computer parts, DVD's, Dive gear (of course), clothing, fans, blowers, tools, smelly stuff (for the ladies), High end stereo components, jewelry toys, you name it.

About the only thing I have not tried yet.... is food and gasoline.

I once ordered (1) floppy drive and received (1) box of 40 inside (thank you Newegg). Then there was the MS ride...... where they actually paid ME $36.00 for one of my 19" monitors. Can't forget a friend who landed (3) 43" plasma TV's from DELL for only $300 each before they realized they made a slight pricing error to the tune of about $9,000.00 EACH! Lucky bastad. Ebay'd two ($7,000 each)and kept one in his dorm room. Popular with the girls I heard.

I love the net. A lot. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom