Mail Order Results - Good or bad?

Anyone had any unresolved warranty problems with any mail order firms?

• Yes, Dive Inn.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes, Leisure Pro.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes, Divers Direct.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • No - never had a problem.

Votes: 39 92.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
Has anyone had a negative experience with any mail order firms that didn't get resolved to your satisfaction? Warranty-wise, etc?

with all the gear problems that you've had I really think that you are a prime example of a person who should buy from a LDS. I think you will benefit from the face-to-face advice of a professional much more than you will benefit from the cost savings of mail order.

Advice you receive here will be only our feelings and experiences which you have, or should have, already learned may not be the same as yours. In the shop you can handle the gear, try it on, maybe even get to try it in a pool. Most importantly, you can ask questions.

I don't expect you to take my advice but at least think on it.

Tom

Never had a problem.....not only with dive equipment but with EVERYTHING I have bought online.

I've never had a problem with any item I have bought on-line. Although, as with everything in liife there are trade offs. If you buy on-line you give up the ability to touch, tryout and have the face to face interaction during the buying process. But you do get a lower price. So you need to understand what you are doing and proceed only if you understand the limitations of the process.

As WW advised, maybe you should stick with the LDS as you increase your education. I know you have posted that you are a full time student. You probabily know fellow students who do not do well with remote learning classes. They need the interaction with the instructor to make them successful. There is nothing wrong with them. It's just how they work the best.

Ty

I had to send my first computer back to DiveInn to get the dry version, as it flooded during sea trials.

It was a pain to get them to take it back, but once I finally got someones attention, it was delt with promptly.

I don't see myself ever buying something that could fall under warrenty issues online again. Fins/reels/masks/etc... maybe, but not regs, computers, pressure gauges, etc...

Yup - just used my Aqua Lung LX octo today for the first time and my dive buddy noticed my face plate fall off during the dive - apparently, there is a missing 'lock ring' or 'snap ring' that goes over the face plate and holds it over the diaphragm.

Thats 2 strikes for Lesiure Pro - 1 with the incorrectly assembled Mares tank strap and this is #2...

Scuba446 once bubbled...
Yup - just used my Aqua Lung LX octo today for the first time and my dive buddy noticed my face plate fall off during the dive - apparently, there is a missing 'lock ring' or 'snap ring' that goes over the face plate and holds it over the diaphragm.

Thats 2 strikes for Lesiure Pro - 1 with the incorrectly assembled Mares tank strap and this is #2...

Sounds like you're collecting "strikes" against LP or something.

No one else is going to listen to your "three strikes" thing, so if you're doing this to justify your own boycott of LP, don't waste your time. Just don't buy from them.

I have to 'fess up....

I misread the poll and put in the negative votes for SimplyScuba and LeisurePro...

oops.

So far, so good....with the exception of the one company that sent a scratched-up valve, and then replaced it with the wrong valve twice. It took a little while to get that straightened out, but they did it to my satisfaction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom