Mail Order Results - Good or bad?

Anyone had any unresolved warranty problems with any mail order firms?

• Yes, Dive Inn.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes, Leisure Pro.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes, Divers Direct.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • No - never had a problem.

Votes: 39 92.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a lot of stuff from divers direct and I never had a problem with anything. But I am the type of person that the first time out of a thousand I have a bad experience I wouldn't do it again.
466-Since you're having such a bad time with mail order, try a local shop. It's too much of a hassle to send things back through the mail.

I miscalculated the tax on a DiversDirect purchase (or so I'm told) so they didn't ship one of two items and told me to contact them for a refund. No response to my emails. Hmmm.

I'd doubt that I'd buy anything online other than trinkets my LDSs don't carry. I'd rather depend on reliable service from my LDS for gear I bet my life on (although I do buy from different stuff and have the stuff serviced in different shops).

I have purchased from both Leisure Pro and DiversDiscount.com (mostly from LP). No problems as of yet with the business transactions from either outfit. Service has been very professional and shipments were all on time as promised.

The only problem with any mail-order bought merchandise was with my Oceanic Delta 3 regulator. I noticed a tear in the mouthpiece after I got to my last dive destination in Honduras. This was my first trip with the regulator, so I don't know if the tear was the result of UPS shipping or TACA airlines excellent baggage handling.

Anyway, a $5 mouthpiece and I'm back in business again...

Thx...Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom