Mahi/LCU Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving is starting to get expensive. Has it just been that long since any of us have made the necessary offerings to the ocean gods? Sooooooooooo, how bent do you think that computer will be if we find it when we make that dive to the bottom next month?

Yeah, there is still a buoy there, but we didn't bother trying to attach to it. We were able to see it from the surface and just tossed the anchor and hoped for the best. Luckily we missed the wreck by about 20ft and didn't snag any concrete blocks hauling it up.

Matt

I see that picture is from the inside. Hmmmm, do you have the proper training? Let's see, not trained, brass snap clips, DIY light, DIY deco bottles - are you just toying with the ocean? Do you feel you are invincible? :11:

I see that picture is from the inside. Hmmmm, do you have the proper training? Let's see, not trained, brass snap clips, DIY light, DIY deco bottles - are you just toying with the ocean? Do you feel you are invincible? :11:

Nope, not invincible :wink:...neither [-]is[/-] was my diy dive light...It went out with a bang at exactly 175'. Made Sherman mess his pants, thinking it was is camera. Which, also didn't work on on that dive because of an exploded desiccant bag.

I don't even want to talk about the 2nd dive of the day...:trainwreck:

The first dive was pretty awesome though...I'd like to keep it quiet. I'm sure you can guess what we saw on the bottom other than a Galapagos shark that followed us from ~120-70'

Matt

The first dive was pretty awesome though...I'd like to keep it quiet. I'm sure you can guess what we saw on the bottom other than a Galapagos shark that followed us from ~120-70'

Matt

Yep, I know. Already talked to Jedi Master.

His light exploding....was AWESOME...hey at least we know you can make a DIY Canister Light good to 175'

It was so loud that I literally thought my 2k Camera and Housing imploded.....3 seconds of terror.

I was going to make my larger battering housing out of the cellular PVC, but am glad I didn't now. My larger one was made out of good old standard PVC and tested to over 200fsw without a drip. It stinks because of the rounded end caps instead of flat ones, but is solid. My 6" diamter camera case has also been tested over 200fsw.

It wasn't the battery housing, it was just the lens and bulb imploding. My cell-core abs Cannister held up just fine.

Matt

You need more stuff in your signature line Jay, I don;t think you used up every single possible space available...

Back
Top Bottom