Magnum Vs. Blizzard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am still diving a Magnum Blizzard as my primary rig that I bought in the very early 80's. I had it freeflow twice. Once on the surface when it got wet in 0F weather, and once at 140' when I coughed up some water after my mask flodded. It is GREAT!

sounds great betail. i ended up talking to the owner of my LDS and was able to get my hands on a used rental 2005 model blizzard. I'm excited to give it a try once we get out of winter here.

Don't wait for winter to end, find a hole and get wet! (with a dry suit!!!)

This is surely posted in the wrong thread, but since the door was opened I will see what responses I get. Can anyone tell me who the first agency was to develop an ice diving certification and when did they do it? I wonder what divers did before specialty certifications were the norm?

Betail:
This is surely posted in the wrong thread, but since the door was opened I will see what responses I get. Can anyone tell me who the first agency was to develop an ice diving certification and when did they do it? I wonder what divers did before specialty certifications were the norm?

I believe it was ACUC that did Ice diving as a course first. Before that clubs did the course only it wasn't as formal

Hello-maybe you could help me with my 1st stage blizzard and 2nd stage magnum. I took it in for routine service and they said it would cost more to service it than to replace it! They gave it back to me in a baggy. I cleaned the parts (not orings and washers) in vinegar. it cleaned up nicely, there was some oxidation (pink) where the piston sits. slight plating wear from this corrosion. But - I need to see a diagram to get the thing back together. Any help would be great if you are aware of any. Thanks

Hello-maybe you could help me with my 1st stage blizzard and 2nd stage magnum. I took it in for routine service and they said it would cost more to service it than to replace it! They gave it back to me in a baggy. I cleaned the parts (not orings and washers) in vinegar. it cleaned up nicely, there was some oxidation (pink) where the piston sits. slight plating wear from this corrosion. But - I need to see a diagram to get the thing back together. Any help would be great if you are aware of any. Thanks

Here is a source that may help.

sherwood manuals

wow - perfect! Thanks for the link. None of this was avail on the Sherwood site. Now I just need to get preventive maint parts like orings and such. Thanks for your help. Do you know if anyone sells maintenance replacement parts to general folks like us? The Sherwood rep said he can only deal with dealers. I guess I understand, but I have not been impressed with my local dealers. Thanks again! Oh - I was born and raised in Monroe, Mi. Now I live in the sunny south. Do miss the seasons, though. And definitely the GREAT LAKES!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom