maglite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorbar1551

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Im in a bit of a bind...My canister light is being fixed right now, and i have a night dive planned for tonight. I have a C8 pistol light which i will use for my primary, but will a maglite be ok for a backup light?

You don't have any Scouts? or scout look a likes? I dont think a mag light is water proof... Twist type, bulb not overdriven, stowed on harness is what you are looking for as far as the DIR answer

You would not figure they are waterproof, but a buddy took one down with him and it did not get a drop in it!

diverryan:
You would not figure they are waterproof, but a buddy took one down with him and it did not get a drop in it!

Yeah, but would you be willing to bet your safety, possibly even your life on the hope that a decidedly not engineered for scuba use light wouldn't flood?

Not me.

They are "Waterproof" but they are not very reliable at all. I've flooded a number of maglites.

Stop at a local sporting goods store and buy a Princeton Tec 40.

Maglight. Overpriced lighting from the 909. Resist.

Go to Home Depot and get a Pelican or something if you need it now. I recommend the Photon Torpedo. Cheaper than the Scout and more robust.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Maglight. Overpriced lighting from the 909. Resist.

Go to Home Depot and get a Pelican or something if you need it now. I recommend the Photon Torpedo. Cheaper than the Scout and more robust.

---
Ken

Yeah Ken, but my mini-scout grenades are just sooooo kewl lookin'. :D

I have heard great things about the Torpedos though.

Derek S:
Yeah Ken, but my mini-scout grenades are just sooooo kewl lookin'. :D

I have heard great things about the Torpedos though.

good one.

Ken

Grenades?

Derek S:
Yeah, but would you be willing to bet your safety, possibly even your life on the hope that a decidedly not engineered for scuba use light wouldn't flood?

Not me.

I never mentioned a word about me using it. I just made a comment that a buddy tried it and it did not leak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom