Magic Mountain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My buddies & I went to Raja Ampat on Amira from 14 to 25 January, 2020. Magic Mountain in Misool is one of the dive site we visited. I’ll be posting the rest of my trip videos as the are published.

Enjoy the video.
Dan

Pretty spectacular dive Dan

I'm looking forward to your next video and to read more about your trip!

Reactions: Dan

My buddies & I went to Raja Ampat on Amira from 14 to 25 January, 2020. Magic Mountain in Misool is one of the dive sites we visited. I’ll be posting the rest of my trip videos as they are published.

Enjoy the video.
Dan

Nice video. Why was the SMB used underwater near the large school of fish?

Pretty spectacular dive Dan

I'm looking forward to your next video and to read more about your trip!

Thanks!

Totally it’s incredible site, full of schooling fishes everywhere. As I hooked on the rock, floating in the current, waiting for the Oceanic Manta to come by, a group of wrasse started to wrap around each other swirling up to the water column and started spawning in front of me while shooting video. What amazing scene! :)

I’ll finish editing the rest of the videos later. Need to finish the Red Sea one that I did 2 weeks before this trip. They are all lined up like in assembly line. :D

Nice video. Why was the SMB used underwater near the large school of fish?

Thanks!

That’s the trade secret of Andris, one of the senior DM. It’s a fish whisperer.

I was wondering the same when he launched his DSMB early during the dive myself. I thought something went wrong. Then when he started to just release and pull the line up & down, all kind of school of fishes started to swim around it. Apparently the bubbles look like food for the fish. Like us rubber necking in a scene of an accident in a freeway.

Great videos Dan! Magic Mountain is truly "Magical". I was fortunate to dive it several times last October while staying at Misool.

Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: Dan
Great videos Dan! Magic Mountain is truly "Magical". I was fortunate to dive it several times last October while staying at Misool.

Thank you for sharing.

Magical indeed! That was my 4th visit there, so I know better where to look for what and where to position myself for the best footages. :)

The 1st one was in 2013 when I stayed in Misool too. I think that’s when they first discovered the dive site. I may dig up my old footage and post it here later. The 2nd time was in 2015 on La Galigo. The 3rd time was in 2017 on La Galigo.

Magical indeed! That was my 4th visit there, so I know better where to look for what and where to position myself for the best footages. :)

The 1st one was in 2013 when I stayed in Misool too. I think that’s when they first discovered the dive site. I may dig up my old footage and post it here later. The 2nd time was in 2015 on La Galigo. The 3rd time was in 2017 on La Galigo.

Looks like a cleaning station, do sharks come in too? Looking forward to diving this over Xmas.

Back
Top Bottom