Magic-Filter/SD 550 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bonita

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Canon PowerShot SD 550 and love it! I bought a Reef Master Stobe to use with it, but more often than not it doesn't flash. It works on land when I test it, but it fails to flash when I'm in the water.
As you can imagine, this is very frustrating.
Underwater photography is my passion.
I'm intrigued with the Magic-Filter.
Has anyone used a Magic-Filter with a Canon PowerShot SD 550?
Can you use the Magic-Filter with the camera's flash?

I have a Canon PowerShot SD 550 and love it! I bought a Reef Master Stobe to use with it, but more often than not it doesn't flash. It works on land when I test it, but it fails to flash when I'm in the water.
As you can imagine, this is very frustrating.
Underwater photography is my passion.
I'm intrigued with the Magic-Filter.
Has anyone used a Magic-Filter with a Canon PowerShot SD 550?
Can you use the Magic-Filter with the camera's flash?

I'm sorry to say this but I've never seen any good pictures taken with any reef master stuff. I guess there is a reason why they are so cheap...

Magic filters should not be used with any flash.

/Fota

I really enjoy the Magic Filter, for both photos and videos, and use it with the SD870. However, it really can't be used with the camera's flash. I guess in theory you could manually white balance with the filter while simultaneously using the flash, but then why bother? Plus that won't work for taking videos...

Cheers!
Bryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom