Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can someone give me directions to the quarry? i will be needing directions from the super target on university in west huntsville area..thanks in advance

EDIT: Looks like I posted at the same time you said "never mind I found it". I'll leave my post for others in case they need to know how to get there.

Directions from Target on University in this link --> University Dr NW to Lime Quarry Rd - Google Maps

Right before you get to the quarry you'll pass the Madison Golf Driving Range. Just keep going past it and when you see a slight fork in the road veer right. It will take you to the top of the quarry rim (past a big water tank) and then when the road turns gravel go about 100 yards more and you'll see the quarry gate on your left.

Directions from I-565

1.) Take I-565 to Madison
2.) Take exit 8 (Wall Triana) and go north toward Madison Blvd
3.) Take next right onto Madison Blvd (Hwy 20) at Chevron Station
4.) Turn right onto Intergraph Way at next redlight (right after train tracks)
5.) After going under Overpass, turn left on Lime Quarry Rd
6.) go by Madison Golf Driving Range and veer right and follow road to top of quarry rim and entrance gate.

Map: (click yellow bar below to enlarge)

madisonquarry-map.jpg

We had a problem with the compressor last week, and the air fill station regulator was leaking... Everything is back up and running. Thanks Todd Lovett for letting me know about the Aqua Environment Regs, that saved a lot of $$$ and even more time!

The vis is still about 30-40 feet and the water is just down right warm. The Water Board is pumping water into the quarry all weekend and the back dock is open and ready for use. If we have enough people wanting to do a night dive tomorrow, we will stick around for it.

See everyone there.

We will be open for the 4th of July from 9 AM until 6 PM. Please no fireworks on the site, but bring the family and enjoy a good day of diving. The water is warm and the food is great.

Has anyone been out to dive this quarry in the last couple of weeks? We recently moved to AL and were thinking of doing a couple of dives next weekend....just curious what the conditions were.

Thanks!

The temps are in the 80s on the top, and about 70 on the bottom with a few spots that are about 68-69. The vis is about 10-20 feet, which isnt as great as it usually is because the Water Board is currently pumping water into the quarry. The thermocline is at 30-35 feet but it isnt a real massive change, its actually very light. people were diving 3mm shorties yesterday with no complaints. The water is at full pool which putsa max depth about 50-55 feet.

Hope to see you there this weekend, Im sure you will enjoy it.

We did Madison this past Saturday. Water was warm enough for me to dive in a 2 mil shorty. It was a little cool in spots but over all not bad at all. My comp. had the bottom at 70. Viz was not great about 15', better over on the North Wall and over by the bridge. Water level is back up, and Britt had a good crowd. Come on out and support him!!

The Snack Shack will be closed next weekend.

Dee and Lorie are taking the Rescue Diver course with us at the quarry and cant cook and train at the same time. Please feel free to bring some food or go grab lunch at one of the restaurants in Madison on Saturday the 30th and Sunday the 31st.

If anyone else is interested in getting their Rescue Diver Cert, let me know, we have multiple instructors and can add several people to the class. I can assure you, you will learn a lot and its usually a very fun and interesting class. We will also be having a 1st Aid/CPR class prior to this weekend for SDI, PADI, and American Red Cross if you need an update.

oh wow didn't know so many people from this area were on here. i just joined today. was at the quarry last weekend saturday and sunday

Just wanted to share this for anyone wanting to do an afternoon and night dive at the quarry this Thursday.

note: You MUST PRE REGISTER and pay in advance to attend. They don't do registration at the gate for this.

Includes dinner.
You'll need to bring your own gear/tanks or make arrangements for them in advance.

disclaimer: I don't work for the LDS or the quarry, just trying to help share useful information to area divers....

First Dive Sports/Madison Quarry Night Dive of the season!

Details:

Thursday, July 28th 5:00pm - 10:00pm
$30 Entry Fee
Cash Entry fee must be paid in advance @ Dive Sports
Includes Dinner and Quarry Entry

Check it out on our website: Madison Quarry Night Dive with the Dive Sports Crew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom