Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have several dives in the quarry and wish Britt well. I hope the quarry reopens for diving. I would love to dive it again By the way, is lrterry that loup garou diver? This is the silver back diver.

Buzz:fro:

I have several dives in the quarry and wish Britt well. I hope the quarry reopens for diving. I would love to dive it again By the way, is lrterry that loup garou diver? This is the silver back diver.

Buzz:fro:

The loup garou is ready to dive, Britt any word on Madison?

I signed a 6 month lease today, the WB reviewed it tonight and i will know more tomorrow.

Thanks for the update Britt, and also for keeping this Quarry open. Anything we can do to help in anyway let us know!

We are happy to announce that the Madison quarry will be open for scuba diving beginning June 1 2011. The Madison Water Board and Better Diver have reached an agreement that will allow scuba diving at the quarry through the end of September. The Water Board has raised the rent for us this year so we are asking you to please dive a little more to help finance the cost of the increase. We will be raising the entrance fees to $25 this year to offset the cost of operating the quarry, insurance, and property rent. On site air fills will still be $7 per cylinder.

As before, the Madison Quarry will be open on Saturdays and Sundays from 9 AM until 6 PM. We will be opening during the week once things get settled and if there are enough requests. The quarry will be open to certified divers, dive shops for events, and instructors for dive training.

Facilities on site will include an air fill station, training platforms, equipment sales, dive training, and Scuba Snacks serving D and Lori's world famous Burgers, Souvlaki, Hot dogs and Chicken sandwiches. Special events will be planned throughout the dive season including night dives, cook outs and dry suit demonstrations as well as any other event we can come up with to keep everyone diving. 

Visa, Master Card, and Discover will be accepted at the Quarry this year along with cash. Instructors can also use checks if approved by a senior staff member. Scuba gear rental will also be available.

Attractions in the quarry include two houseboats, an F4B Phantom Jet, a fire truck, a Minute Man ICBM missile and various NASA articles.
Please contact Britt Clark at 256-326-9053 for more information.

Instructors, please visit this web page for information concerning using the quarry for your classes. Madison Quarry and Better Diver SCUBA Training and Equipment

Thank you and have a safe and great dive season.

Thanks for all the hard work Britt getting this opened. Looking forward to that first week in June!!

The water is warm, and the food is great. Dee and Lorie had Souvlaki cooking. Bob the Catfish is happy and has a belly full of meow mix. He has grown another few inches and came up to visit once the divers hit the water today. The quarry should be at full pool by next weekend and the visibility is better than I have seen it in years. We had a lot of happy divers today and expect more tomorrow.

Good crowd yesterday. Like britt said viz was real good. Water level is down from the last two years but about what it was when britt opened it back up. Water temp was 65 on the bottom. Come support britt and Madison quarry.

Can someone give me directions to the quarry? i will be needing directions from the super target on university in west huntsville area..thanks in advance

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom