Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I havent gotten official word on reopening the quarry yet. so we had another idea to keep everyone diving.

We will be hosting a Scavenger Hunt and Diver Tune Up Day at Bad Boys Dive Center Open Water Training Facility on Oct 9th from 9am until 6pm.

Hosted by:
Better Diver
Bad Boys Dive Center

Other shops can join in.

Prizes range from BCDs to wetsuits and everything in between.

Take advantage of the instructors while you are there. If you need a refresher or help with things such as weighting, mask clearing, or any other skill from basic open water through Divemaster skills, just ask. This is a great way to get ready for the down time or get ready for the trips during the winter.

Admission cost is 30.00 per diver and includes a great hot lunch. Event will be held rain or shine. We have full bathroom and shade available. Give Britt or Jack a call with Any questions.

Directions to Quarry: Exit 14 on I65, go west 500 feet turn North on Access road and follow signs.

I'm with you on that thought!!! I am sure missing the quarry right now! Thanks Britt for keeping us posted. Where is the Bad Boys Quarry located...is that the one in Pulaski?

Sounds cool. How about some more details on the quarry - size, depths, expected temps, etc.

Thank you,
David

Its the one in Pulaski really close to the exit 14. The max depth is about 30 feet, its very warm, vis... Im not sure, I haven't dove it yet.

I am in NC teaching an Instructor Trainer Course. Ask questions and I will relay the info as I can.

Anyword on how the test went?

We are waiting on the results sent to ADEM from the Water Board. The WB said they should hear something in the next few weeks. Still in wait and see mode.

Sorry for the delay.

Would be great if you could have "one last weekend" or two.

diving is perfect this time of year cause the water is still warm, even if the air temps have settled out to be nice and cool

Would be great if you could have "one last weekend" or two.

diving is perfect this time of year cause the water is still warm, even if the air temps have settled out to be nice and cool

I agree. It has been great diving weather. Thanks for keeping us updated Britt. Maybe they will give us a couple of weekends.

Madison Utilities (The Water Board) has a meeting with ADEM next Tuesday, Mr. Pounders said he should have some information about the tests and future usage of the quarry on Wednesday. I will post it here as soon as I get it.

Just a reminder before anyone sees this and assumes that we can never use it again, the WB did say that we would be able to open next year, the tests determine how long we will be able to get it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom