Mabul July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes it really seems to! They are saying there it is one of the best place in the world for Muck Diving!
Diving in Mabul Island - Divezone.net

I hope I could dive there during my trip to Sipadan Island in September. I am staying in Kapalai Resort. Also a great place for Macro Photography! :)

By the way, Nice Video! It that yours?!

I used to work there. Whilst Sipidan was always an awesome experience, I was truly in love with diving Mabul. When customers were having lunch on the pier, I'd normally cram in an extra dive, solo with my camera. Totally addictive.

It's one of the only locations I've dived where I can honestly say that I'd see something new on every dive.

Hi Jakartadiver
I think you have some great diving ahead. We lived at Kapalai too - nice spot to relax, but only allowing 45 min of divetime :-( per dive. A waste of good air in the bottle on returning with 100 bar. Get them to take you under the Sea Venture oil rig. Most of my shots are from here. No current - lots too look at. Kapalai have there own little house reef too. Here you can dive without a guide once introduced.

Sipidan was great too - four dives on a day , if you lucky alle the big stuff are there somewhere :D

Have a good trip

Hi Devondiver
Would not mind having some solo dives out there :wink:, like as you say every corner has something new, especially for a relatively unexperienced diver as myself. Trying to follow a divemaster in a strong current and trying to get a few shots on the way can be quite stressing, especially in a group og 11 divers where of the 7 were chinese divers with no sense of of anything :dork2:.

An experience to learn for next time I get out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom