M60 tanks..Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only thing missing was a pre-dive beer chug.

:rofl3::rofl3:

I can see where you thought he was a troll. And yeah, I wasn't on the water yesterday but judging from the wind around here - those seas were no where close to 8 foot - though they may have felt like it :)

diveman - did you guys go out of Tierre Verde Marina (the one with the Sandbar Restaurant) or Tierre Verde Resort Marina (the one with the hotel surrounding it)?

We went out of the Tierra Verde marina.( We have a 26ft sea ray deckboat).Just incase you ever see one. Its grey...Yes the one with the sandbart restaurant..Haha.I really do think they were 8ft.No exageration..And so did my dad.

About all of the diving with you guys.Well.Lets see.Sometimes you guys are diving on weekdays.I got school.Umm..I have a very important baseball schedule.I am in 2 leagues and with high school coming up.No messing around with that.So most of the time my weekends are just booked with baseball.I really do want to dive with you guys.

Id love to do some spring diving with you eandiver.But no caves/caverns says dad.Ive done crystal river and Weekie Wachee.

Reefhound.Bro, i cant tell if yourinsulting me or not????haha.. And about the reel.

And im not about to get in a fight with someone on scubaboard..Haha i learned the hard way with "jeandiver"..Haha

Reefhound.Bro, i cant tell if yourinsulting me or not????haha.. And about the reel.

And im not about to get in a fight with someone on scubaboard..Haha i learned the hard way with "jeandiver"..Haha

My first response was definitely an insult as I thought you were trolling, which is throwing out a non-serious and provocative post intended to rile people up. Since you're serious, then all I can say is you and your dad made a ton of diving mistakes that created an unnecessary safety risk that may not bite you today or tomorrow, but eventually the odds will catch up. Hopefully, you will review those issues and resolve them, if not publicly then privately. I can understand how someone that is 13 may have a higher risk tolerance - believe it or not all of us older divers were 13 once - so I guess the onus really falls onto your dad for exposing you to those risks.

Though I must admit your restraint in retaliating shows a maturity I did not expect. Good luck, be safe and have fun. It's possible to do both at the same time. :)

DM3 - Sorry Bro, those weren't 8 footers but it was sloppy.

Just remember, you have limits and your vessel has limits. If you think it was that bad, then it is. Go home and do it another day. That's the beauty of living here - there is another day unless you make a bad decision.

Haha i guess they werent..But they sure seemed like it..

Reefhound- Dont worry about me and my dad making those mistakes again. He and I discussed it and we have decided to do things a little differently..Gotta go..I got school tomorrow..
Take it easy..

Diveman - Got your pm. I use to have my boat there (that was many moons ago). That current rips through there like no one's business, even on a good day. I use to call the dock to be sure the guys were going to be out there to "catch me in case", lol. I did get better :54:

Be safe and have a good week at school. :) Glad you are listening to the advice and are re-thinking things.

I hope none of what I said was overly non-helpful. I'm not really part of your clique, and was trying to offer some good advice to a youngin, who I feel from reading his other posts, is genuinely a good kid. Problem was first thing that popped into my head was "Lessons Learned" from Scuba Diving magazine. I have only been diving about a year and a half and have thumbed a couple of dives due to them just not feeling right, due to inclement weather, heavy surf, strong tides or equipment that I forgot to bring. It's pretty obvious that everyone on Scubaboard loves to dive, but I'll be the first one to admit that I love life more than I love diving.

Diveman, all I was trying to say is be aware of all the factors that were working against you, and some of the possible outcomes of those factors. IMO, you were lucky, that nothing serious happened. People here have offered you some sound advice take that for what you may, and it can only make you a better diver in the future. I know I still have a lot to learn.

Id love to do some spring diving with you eandiver.But no caves/caverns says dad.Ive done crystal river and Weekie Wachee.

No problem. I don't dive in caverns or caves with anyone who is not certified for such. The OW places, Blue Grotto, Ginnie Ballroom are the places you should try.

How deep?? ( My dad also has a limit on how deep i can go)..Laughs..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom