Lycra suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did two dives with a skin under my 7mm. I didn't think it helped donning/doffing at all, and I swear I felt colder than on any of my other dives.

Do lycra suits really help out much when donning a wetsuit? I have a once used 7mm wet suit that I just tried to get into today. I had one heck of a time trying to squeeze into it. I do know I have gained weight, But not that much. So would it be worth buying a lycra suit? or do I just need a new wet suit. I don't even want to try to get in my dry suit at this point. :idk:
I use a lycra skin for my wetsuit. I have a 5mm Henderson gold core that was, until I started using the skin, a real nightmare to don/doff (to the point that I contemplated diving without it a few times on warmer dives just to spare myself the headache). I haven't tried the dish soap method, but I won't touch my wetsuit without a skin. Plus, it works really well for warm water diving when you don't really want to wear a wetsuit but still want the UV and scratch protection of a full-body suit.

The only problem I have with skins (it might just be mine) is that they tend to wear quickly and the stitching around the zipper gives out quickly leading to a repair shop visit (but the nice thing is that it's covered under warranty!).

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom