Luxfer Trade-In and Old Tanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I checked into shipping and I know it will cut into the $50 but it is still better than just tossing it.

I found that shipping will cost me ~$15. Perhaps $20 by the time it is packed. (Do you think I will need styrofoam peanuts?)

Thirty dollars just makes it nicer. I plan to use that money for a decent pair o' gloves so I don't freeze as bad!

Good Day.

"Thirty dollars just makes it nicer. I plan to use that money for a decent pair o' gloves so I don't freeze as bad!"

You can't get the cash, only use the certificate for a new Luxfer tank. So, ship it to me, I will give you the $50 for it ( unless it looks like it's been through a war). I will have it viped/ hydroed and use it until it fails, then get the $20 or 30 it's worth in scrap.

Darnit , you bet me too it could of made me a deco tank !!!

Which Farmer? I thought Vonnegut was the only one.

It's good to know that some people catch on to that.

Good Day.

In 1976, I was checking out the SF section of a local book store with a friend. On the shelf, I saw a book entitled, Venus on the Half-Shell. Beside the title, was written, "AT LAST! KILGORE TROUT'S epic science fiction saga"

As I reached for the book, I expressed my disbelief. My companion wondered why I knew it was a fake. I explained as I began to examine the book. There was even a photograph of the author on the back. Of course I bought the book.

Seems many Vonnegut fans bought the book and wrote to Vonnegut asking him about his latest work. He denied everything. He denied it for good reason, he was not the author. It was written by another giant of SF, Philip Jose' Farmer. I discovered this by accident while reading one of Farmer's non fiction articles. I wish I could remember where I found the article.

I think I'll reread Venus on the Half-Shell.

Some interesting reading about Kilgore Trout.

Thanks for the site. I will have to peruse it later when I have more time.

Wasn't Venus on the Half-Shell mentioned in one o' Vonnegut's novels? Breakfast o' Champions maybe?

Anyway, Thanks. Gotta go steal a mirror.

Good Night.

Why were we made just to suffer and die? You know, today with the SARS epidemic, he probably wouldn’t be allowed to land in the Chinese made spaceship.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom