Luna Transmitter Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N0_0ne21

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey, I've tried looking at past posts but I don't think any have fully answered this.

I've been using the Luna for just over a year about about 50 dives with almost no issues. I love the computer. However, a few months ago the computer wouldn't pick up the transmitted psi. I tried a bunch of things but then took it to my LSD/ScubaPro dealer and they determined the transmitter battery had died. New battery, re-synced, good as new. I did a few more dives, and then yesterday it stopped working again.

Is this happening because there is some parasitic draw on the battery? I thought it was only activated with air pressure and since it's only being pressurized before/during dives then why would it lose battery power? Does it need to be replaced?

Any information would be very helpful so I can stop using my analog gauge and go back to my great computer!

I love my Luna too, but the very same thing happened to me this summer; thankfully it was a one off. However, I was also experiencing a "T1 Battery Low" warning that kept popping up. I understand that the problem may be related to new transmitters that were introduced in 2010.

Hi N0_0ne21,

Thank you for choosing SCUBAPRO. I would recommend you bring it back to your Local SCUBAPRO Dealer, so they can send it to our technical department for evaluation.

Happy Diving!

KateSCUBAPRO

I love my Luna too, but the very same thing happened to me this summer; thankfully it was a one off. However, I was also experiencing a "T1 Battery Low" warning that kept popping up. I understand that the problem may be related to new transmitters that were introduced in 2010.

Weird. My Luna never told me my transmitter battery was low even though it was dead when removed.

Hi N0_0ne21,

Thank you for choosing SCUBAPRO. I would recommend you bring it back to your Local SCUBAPRO Dealer, so they can send it to our technical department for evaluation.

Happy Diving!

KateSCUBAPRO

I'll try to find the closest one. I recently moved so I'm no longer dealing with the same LDS that I knew so well.

Back
Top Bottom