luggage and Cebu Pacific air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My personal experience with MNL-CEB and return last month. They don't count bags, they only look to see that you don't exceed the total weight on the reservation.

---------- Post added April 8th, 2013 at 01:43 PM ----------

I have flown Cebu Pacific twice in the last year. Manila to Singapore in July 2012 and Manila to Cebu City last month.

I had no issues with either trip. They flew new Airbus equipment, departed on time and the cabin crew was very pleasant. Nothing is free during the flight. If you want drinks or snacks you have to purchase them.

I have heard others talk about problems, but I have never had anything but great experiences with Cebu Pacific to date.

There is a weight limit on an individual bags that appears to vary between 23-30Kg depending on individual airlines and the class you are traveling. I don't normally fly with US based airlines but some airlines will give sports allowance provided that you pack that gear separately as previously mentioned. I have had to show my PADI card for Malaysian Airlines on one occasion at Tawau in order to obtain the extra baggage allowance.

Good luck with your trip.

1. If you turn up at the airport with everything in order then you have nothing to worry about. I never had more than 7kg in my hand carry and my check-in is well within the purchased allowance.
2. Some of the ground crews are pretty unfriendly particularly if you try to avoid paying extra or trying to sneak in extra couple of kg etc etc. They are just doing their job.

I usually fly Philippine Airlines within the islands and opt for added baggage in advance. Seemed like if you prepaid they bother you less than if you try to skate by without when you shouldn't. I usually have over the carry on limit in two bags and always was requested to weigh one but when I paid overage in advance they didn't seem interested. I have a lot of camera gear etc that I don't want to check on.

I did have my carry-on weighed, I was traveling as part of a group. They made me take things out to lighten the bag, but ultimately let me on. I had ports and lenses filling up every pocket of my travel vest, which I was wearing just in case this happened. Everything went back in once I was past security.

Oops, didn't notice this was a zombie thread.

Last edited:
I work for a airline and with mates we regularly use Cebu.
I can recommend them for mainly on time departures, this is Asia after all. And the tropics weather can play havoc with timings. Just accept "Philippino time" and don't go for ultra short connections between different airlines they don't work in this part of the world. There are 3 terminals in Manila and the Cebu one is on the other side of the airport requiring a taxi ride.
Yes they are pretty hot on weight control so do pay for slightly more than you think if you will be close. Paying at the airport is an option but more expensive. The sports equipment is mainly to cover oversize stuff like surfboards etc.
Do be careful on website they do thing like pre-select seats and charge you, I generally deselect as I don't care where I sit for short flights.

There are certain nationalities that try to get away with every thing around here, it's just the culture,so everyone gets the same treatment. Give a smile accept any issues and enjoy the place.

avoid Cebu pacific like the PLAGUE
What is the other option?
PAL? Planes Always Late is no better and more expensive!
What happened to PAL Express? Even worst.
No problem with 5J whatsoever. I am certainly not complaining the ~US$120.00 all inclusive(20kg allowance) HKG/CEB, HKG/CRK and HKG/MNL return.

I flew from Manila to Cambodia about a week and a half ago. I had two checked bags: one was full of dive gear for which I paid the extra fee at time of booking.

At the check in counter everything went fine; she even read on her computer that I had bought the sports equipment baggage allowance.

I had a 35 kg allowance and my total combined weight was 31kg.

No other problems occurred and the weather was actually dry and calm -though there was a typhoon a few days earlier that might have led to delays or cancellations.

This was my second international flight with Cebu Pacific.

MT

Back
Top Bottom