Lug on Explorer Can Lid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Griffo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've just picked up a new 21W Explorer, and have noticed that the plastic lug on the head is broken off. It's actually in the battery. I did wonder what the little plastic but was for, stupid me took a little while to realise.

The question is, while I can take it back, is there any point? Is this something that tends to break off all the time anyway?

Is it the white screw on the side of the light head that adjusts the focus that is broken?

Jas.

I've just picked up a new 21W Explorer, and have noticed that the plastic lug on the head is broken off. It's actually in the battery. I did wonder what the little plastic but was for, stupid me took a little while to realise.

The question is, while I can take it back, is there any point? Is this something that tends to break off all the time anyway?

---------- Post Merged at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:59 AM ----------

Sorry i just realised the bit you mean..while mine hasnt broken off yet it does seem a little flimsy and i would say it only acts as a bit of extra stabilisation when turning the head around for travel mode.

Jas.

Hey mate :) I see you found Scubaboard

Yes the second one. Was just worried about the battery putting load on the gold connectors without the plastic Lug. It almost looks like it might unscrew, but my attempts to unscrew it were unscuccesfull. I might need to use an easy-out, but was hoping that Halcyon might reply with some more info..

Cheers

I have found Halcyon Aus to be really helpfull in the past so im sure they would be able to fix it for you...i would just leave it at Dive Vic and they will sort it out for you....they are a Halcyon Dealer.

Jas.

The plastic plug you are referring to is a "dummy plug." Its purpose is to help prevent plugging the battery in backwards while out of the canister. It is threaded in, so an easy-out works. I agree with jasonkingfish that Halcyon Australia and their dealer network can be very helpful. You also have the option to contact me directly at techservices@halcyon.net.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom