Low volume womens mask...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alibi 2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a problem...I tend to breathe from my eyeballs and fog my mask ,,,no matter what I try...but I need recommendations on a good mask for a woman (smaller face)...low volume with good vis....can anyone tell me the mask you love and why?...:popcorn:

Aqualung Kea...

I purchased it for me wife and she loves it... She tried on a ton.... and this won came up the leader in fit, low profile and sexy look....

My Aquanaut dealer just came in with a new one, wish I could remember what it was called! It's built for spearos but has awesome visual range and is super comfy.

The Oceanic Shadow (or Ice if you like clear skirts) mini is a nice mask and fits lots of small faces.

Cressi's Focus range is just a workhorse...I don't think I have a person on staff who doesn't have one of these. Super comfy and a good (not extended) field of view.

A low volume mask is not going to help w/ fogging. If anything, I think they will fog a little easier. Try exhausting the mask defog techniques (e.g. soft scrub, toothpaste, burning, etc.) and only breathe out of your nose to relieve mask squeeze. Low-volume masks are great for quick and easy clearing, but not great for cutting down fog, and usually have less peripheral visibility.

I work for a shop and some of the masks that i find to fit women the best are the Sherwood Magnum Ex or the Akona Nica Mask, the sherwood is a three window mask, the nica is a one window mask.

I'm pretty fond of my Atomic Frameless mask...it comes in a medium size for smaller faces, seals very well, and seems pretty resistant to fogging. It's a frameless mask, so it's fairly low volume. I scrubbed it out with 500PSI mask scrub, and I use the 500PSI defog before every dive, and haven't had any fogging issues.

Another mask you might want to consider is the Mares X-Vision. This one also comes in a medium size, and fit me pretty well. It also comes in more colors than the Atomic Frameless :D

Sounds like a neat trick. Do you teach it?

Teach it?...I want to stop it!...lol...I can clear my ears real easy by just locking my tongue at the back of my throat and popping the ears but I think I get a little air out the eyes ...

Back
Top Bottom