Low Volume Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SamDB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I looked through past posts and nothing quite answered my question so I am hoping you guys can help me out. I'm looking for a low volume mask that I can use for SCUBA and for snorkeling/freediving. Recommendations of brands and models would be appreciated. I am going to get down to my local dive shop to try some on in the next few weeks, so i want to know what to look out for. Also, is there a problem with frameless masks, such as the one made by Riffe, for SCUBA?
Thanks,
Sam

Atomic Aquatics Frameless...

Our entire family uses the same mask - the Aqualung Mythos........

At LP for $37 bucks......................you can't go wrong at that price......:)

Aqualung Mythos 2 Window Mask

I bought one after reading about it in 2006 Scuba Diver Magazine mask review.......

AQUA LUNG Mythos

It may look tiny, but the view it offers is huge. This brand-new mask from Aqua Lung scored a perfect "10" both for low volume and wide horizontal vision through the front two windows. Vision is excellent in the up/down direction, too, partly because the lens shape is pointed at the bottom to improve downward vision. Though there are no side windows per se, large cutouts in the "open-design" frame allow you to see a little through the clear skirt. The Mythos is one of the lowest-volume masks we've ever tested. The Mythos earned our top overall score (29).

The 12 Best Wide-View Masks | Scuba Diving Magazine

Hope this helps.........M

good masks above

for under $30.00, i like the DiveRite E125

Dive Rite ES125 Mask

i only wish they made it with a black skirt

Shadow Silver/Black Skirt In Stock $36.95 .......................:)

M

lol

where at??

thanks everyone your input is great i will check all of those out. Do any of you use the Riffe Frameless? I tried it on today and fit well but I dont know if it can be used for SCUBA

Other than marketing hype, I am not sure there is any difference between a SCUBA mask and a free diving mask - assuming they are all low profile.

I guess low profile is more critical for free diving as you only have the air in your lungs to equalize with, as opposed to a tank on you back.

Of course I might be wrong..............:)

When darling daughter was first certified she used a "snorkeling" mask for the first two years, no issues at all.......

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom