Low Volume Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Riffe makes very good gear, I really like a couple of their designs, very low volume, comfortable, but not the greatest field of view, certainly they are suitable for scuba.

I really like the Mares X-vision for a low volume mask, amazing field of view, second most comfortable mask I have ever worn (2nd to the Mares Demon, also fairly low volume).

I have worn the mares X-vision, Tusa Vsualator, and by far the best low volume mask I have ever worn is the Haycyon two window. I'm confident this mask is marketed under variety of labels, but the fit, view, and volume are great.

So I have narrowed it down to the Mares X Vision and the Riffe Frameless. Right price range and fit. Any input on a choice between these two?

I had the Aqualung Sphera mask but that has apparently been discontinued so a new mask may be on my shopping list soon.

I personally like the look of the Cressi Ocean Eyes, low volume and nice field of vision.

Has anyone tried it or wants to express any opinions??

If the ocean eyes is anything like the big eyes the skirt might be a little small. I might just have a big face but I have never tried a cressi mask that sealed well on me. The design looks good though

I tried the Mares X Vision Liquid skin yesterday at one of the LDS. Granted the skirt is wider than the Cressi OE but not by much! Even on my face (which seems to be about right for Cressi) the Mares seems just about right but it still caused me to comment to the salesman that it was on the small side.....

Back
Top Bottom