Low output on LED can light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrybosome

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,

So I have a Light Monkey 10/21 LED can light, and I thought I'd put my question out here on the board before I have to get an RMA or mail it to FL. To be clear, this is prelim to see if I can troubleshoot it at home before contacting the manufacturer.

The light worked well for some time, then abruptly began putting out much less than before. Significantly less. My 1000 lumen handheld light overwhelms it completely. The charger appears to be working correctly. It does still light up, so the single emitter is functioning.

If anyone has experience with the failure modes for lights of this design, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

So far I'm thinking either the battery or the circuit that modulates the current to the emitter. But maybe its something stupid that one of you has seen before.

Thanks!

i had something similar happen and it ended up being a leak in the head. Not on a LM though. Best to contact Joel et al
Just to plug LM (they deserve it), they replaced the lighthead and cable under warrantee despite the light being probably 4 years old. All for about what I paid to ship it to FL.

Thank you Light Monkey.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

not surprising. Most of the small mfg's will bend over backwards for their customers. You see this with Light Monkey, Halcyon, UW Light Dude, Deep Sea Supply, etc. They do it because they actually care, but also because it is much cheaper for them to replace things and fix them than it is to get bad reviews. Similar to LL Bean's Satisfaction Guarantee, it's an expensive policy to maintain, but if it keeps the customers coming back and recommending them to others, it is worth the return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom