Low on air done right?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

..The larger tank should mean nothing, I dive all the time with people with different tank sizes. ...

The obvious fallacy here, now, is bias.

"I do something therefore it must be right."

This is not logical. Not even reasonable.

Try Philosophy 101, or Logic 101, or Forensics 101, or Debate 101 at your local community college evening classes.

It is better to have a plan that automatically takes care of these limitations, rather than a plan that requires a lot of special procedures. It is also better to be diving with a person of same skill set as yourself, rather than have a major disparity. Beginner with intermediate is the worst combination.

Okay, so just plain different sized tanks isn't a fatal error that you should call a dive for. But by mixing that with different skill levels and consumption levels you're just adding one more variable to increase the difficulty in planning. Having the same sized tanks would remove one more variable leading to a more accurate dive plan. And having the same size tanks in the water would clue a person into the conditions of your buddy since it's one less variable in your respective consumptions.

Would you say that's fair?

I did. I pointed out that your rhetoric was logically unsound. You took it well.:eyebrow:

Her logic is much more sound than yours. How can you comment on their training and instruction. There is no data in this thread to support those assertions. [edited by almitywife]. Welcome to my ignore list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Try Philosophy 101, or Logic 101, or Forensics 101, or Debate 101 at your local community college evening classes.

Another logic flaw. I dive with a buddy that's half my size, and consequently has much better air consumption. In this case the best plan of action is for me to dive a 100cf while my buddy dives an 80cf. We end the dive almost even every time. In some cases mismatched cylinders is the best plan.

Anyone who thinks nereas isn't the brightest bulb on the planet please add a thanks to this message.

I do believe what was said is that what works for one may not work for another. Where in any training book does it say that dissimiliar cylinder sizes are dangerous? If you are logical then I guess most of us in cave country sould be dead,we have dissimilar cylinders all the time. I will repeat one thing. I can safely dive with any person using a hp130 and myself on an al80 and have a very safe and enjoyable dive. Cylinder size should not be a factor ( in recreational diving ) in a safe dive if you manage your gas supply. Each diver owes it to themself to know their limits.

If there was a reputation bar on SCUBABOARD nereas' reputation would be that of a "Used Car Salesman Has Gone Wild" status.

Unfortunatly he continiously spouts of pure crap; and new divers that do not know any better and are coming here for advise just do "not know what they don't know".

If there was a reputation bar on SCUBABOARD nereas' reputation would be that of a "Used Car Salesman Has Gone Wild" status

Wait, just to be clear; are you saying that Nereas has a poor reputation on this board in general, and that most knowledgeable divers here do not believe that his advice can be safely taken at face value?

Wait, just to be clear; are you saying that Nereas has a poor reputation on this board in general, and that most knowledgeable divers here do not believe that his advice can be safely taken at face value?

Yes...

GOOGLEING answers from his sofa (as he does) does not constitute "knowledge"

Yes...

GOOGLEING answers from his sofa (as he does) does not constitute "knowledge"

Ahhh...so maybe newer members here who are not aware of this can take a step back and cast a critical eye on advice given over the internet, particularly that doled out by self-proclaimed "dive gods?" Fascinating developments.

I do believe what was said is that what works for one may not work for another. Where in any training book does it say that dissimiliar cylinder sizes are dangerous? If you are logical then I guess most of us in cave country sould be dead,we have dissimilar cylinders all the time. I will repeat one thing. I can safely dive with any person using a hp130 and myself on an al80 and have a very safe and enjoyable dive. Cylinder size should not be a factor ( in recreational diving ) in a safe dive if you manage your gas supply. Each diver owes it to themself to know their limits.

These are beginners, not cave divers.

So now the fallacy becomes "bad analogy."

Back
Top Bottom