Low hanging of tanks, is this a specific fashion, ignorance, or normal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not private message me? Perhaps because you'd like to publicly discuss this? There is also an issue of longer than needed hoses. Please review. You may missed some more.

Wow, that was too easy. :D

My point was that you can't tell anything from a picture. Especially how a tank rides once it's horizontal in the water and the bc is cinched up.

Most people turn their air supply on before entering the water. And with a singles rig there is no further reason to need to manipulate the valve once turned on, usually before entering the water is preferred by experienced divers, we usually do a spg pressure check and watch the spg needle. If during the dive an O-ring blows, hose explodes, whatever reason you can invent, leave the valve open and continuing breathing as normal if possible. If not possible, better have a buddy or if solo an alternate supply and in any case the dive is over and you are going up.

N

You're correct, the vast majority of times the valve is turned on at the start of the dive and remains undisturbed throughout the course of the dive. Except when it doesn't. :) Here is a link describing one such situation - and so you don't think I'm "inventing" this for the purposes of this discussion, please note I posted this over two years ago.

Hey texasguy-I haven't replied to your original post because it seems odvious.
The tank position has been set to sit in the right place WHILST DIVING.
How it looks/sits lugging it around on land is pretty well irrelevant

Back
Top Bottom