Low cut boots - advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had chafing around the ankles with low cut boots. Its especially bad if you use a modified frog kick or sculling technique instead of a flutter kick.
One year in Cozumel I had to trade booties with my brother in law, until his ankles chafed. Then I went into town and bought a pair of regular high cut boots.

Bare has a nice pair with a substantial sole, very nice for places like Bonaire where you need good support on land and during entries/exits...

Bare 3mm HD Tropic Boot at www.DiveSeekers.com

BARE-044907-2.gif

Henderson also has a low boot with a nice sole, and the Henderson tag on the heel acts a bit like a "stop" to keep fin straps from riding up...

Henderson 3mm Low Top Boot at www.DiveSeekers.com

b_NB25N.gif

GF likes them, but they're not without issues. Fin straps get above them and exposed skin on cold(er) water dives. If you're wardrobe conscious, looks kinda odd with a full suit.

I prefer to tuck the boots under my suit to keep out sand, reduce drag and prevent boots from unzipping, which they will on long swims.

Actually, these Hendersons low cut boots look exactly as my 'regular' length Insta dry 5mm soles - notice the height of the fin strap 'stopper' area. I have never noticed strap riding up with them. Although they have them posted on hendersonusa.com site I wonder why they don't have Henderson logos on them (not even on the soles) and what is up with that Microprene material.

NB30N-resize.jpg

Back
Top Bottom