low cost spg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the time you bodged it all together it would cost as much or more than a factory built one. That said thinking like yours is how we got the gear we have. I started diving in 1981 and SPG's were NEW and EXCITING stuff. People got by with J valves and just plain running damn near out of air.

I was actually going to make an spg out of a pressure gauge from northerntools or the likes just to see how well or badly it would work. Unfortunately, 7/16" is a very odd size for fittings and I was not able to find one that could convert from 1/4" to 7/16" in order to connect the pressure gauge to the high pressure hose.
As far as cost is concerned, you're absolutely right. Getting all of the parts required to make an spg and time involved to assemble it all, make this project, for the lack of a better word, pointless.

its all about craigslist
buy and old reg for cheap

I believe glycerin is actually used as a lubricant on many high pressure o2 booster pumps.

Valley Instrument 2 1/2in. Stainless Steel Glycerin Gauge — 0-5000 PSI | Filled Gauges | Northern Tool + Equipment

If it is made out of the same stainless steel my first eBay dive knife was made out of, it will rust if exposed to salt water.

Back
Top Bottom