Low-cost regulator setup.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There have been a number of threads from new divers looking for low-cost regulators. I just put together a backup regulator setup for a total of $225. I got an Italian-made generic balanced first stage from 123Scuba off their Ebay site for $50, a Sea Elite RX30 second stage ($60) and Tusa Platina SPG ($55) from Divers Supply and I bought and rebuilt a ScubaPro R109 second stage for a total of $60 for the reg and the parts to rebuild it. Now, this is not a top of the line setup, but it will do as a save-a-dive backup.

If I didn't already have the SP 109 to use, I would have used a Sea Elite SX30 for the octo, at $60.

Last edited:
I love low-cost regulator setups. Most of the time they work just as good as high-cost regulator setups but leave me with more money for beer.

What do you do if you need parts for the generic Italian 1st stage? For $60 more you could have bought a new Genesis Atlas package from LP with a year warranty have a reg / oct that is supported. To each his own.

123Scuba sells the parts kits for $15 each. I service my own regs, so I don't have to worry about warranties.

Does LP sell parts kits for the Genesis? I don't know anything about Genesis stuff. I've never used anything from them other than tank valves.

Besides, it would be $120 more because the Atlas package does not have an SPG.

I cant believe how irresponsible you people are, advocating the purchase of inexpensive regs. I'm in the process of selling off all my regs and replacing them with regs that cost over $1K because at the LDS they asked me "Isn't your life worth it?". All my new regs will be AquaLung Legends with the beautiful pink chrome trim. I tried this reg and also the gold and silver versions, I could not believe how well pink chrome breaths, it will blow your mind.:D

$60 could get a nice 109/BA :wink:

True, but I rebuilt this one as a project, just to fix it and get it working again. I was planning on using it on a backup rig from the beginning, so I didn't see the need to convert it to a balanced adjustable.

Chile7236, send me a PM with your Email address. I want to try to send you a copy of the US Divers Repair Manual. It has the Aquarius service instructions and the second stage service instructions in it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom