Low cost digital 'snapshot' system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grajan

Contributor
Reaction score
I am not really big into underwater photography but would at least like to be able to take holiday snaps when diving. No need for macro stuff or flash.

Is there a low cost way of doing this, preferably digitally?

Thanks

Graham

Beyond those UW disposeables. I have used both the S&S film camera and a digital camera UW. The digital I am using is an Olympus D150. It is a low cost 1.3 Mpix camera and I bought a UW housing for it from the folks at UWdigital. Total setup was about $400 with some extra smart media cards and USB readers for my laptop. Camera is not the highest res or provide the most features of any camera on the market but it takes great pics for the point and shoot abilities that I have. Plus I also use camera without the housing at home.

Hopefully some of the other people here will comment on mybe some stuff that cost less and may not need a housing.

Regards
ChrisR
:)

I bought a Canon A10 (1.3 megapixel) and the UW housing for it. Got it mostly for no worry fishing pix and tropical shots since it's only good to 100'. Still use a Reefmaster mostly since it's good to 165'.

You can get a Sealife Reefmaster, camera only, for less than $200. If you decide you really like taking pictures, you can add on as you can afford to (macro, strobes etc).

Ikelite also has a setup that takes disposables.

The reefmaster with the clear houseing is only about $90 on line. Strobes are anout $180 and deffinately necessary for anything but crystal clear water and macro (even then it is nice to have). I am still experimenting with mine and have gotten a few nice shots.

Back
Top Bottom