Low budget options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to jump in and please dont get me wrong, but if you say, that you have to keep momentum and can not hover without moving, to me that means that your buoyancy is far from "perfect". So even if during the freshwater dives you wont experience current you could focus on working on trim and buoyancy until you can stay (almost) perfectly still.

Not having been in other parts of Indo then Bali, I have to say that while I thought this was nice I definitely prefer diving the Red Sea, especially the southern part (St. Johns etc.)

Quite so on the bouyancy part, Rechno!

Actually flights to Raja Ampat is fairly cheap at the moment, after the riots.. There aren't anymore riots and the place is safe.

few days on Bangka for a great mix of everything. There are really well priced places in all 3 locations.

Hello
I'm thinking of diving in bangka some days on my way home from raja ampat. Could you tell me the name of a budget diving center there, I'll try to find accomodation in homestay, to stay on a budget ?
Thank you

Hello
I'm thinking of diving in bangka some days on my way home from raja ampat. Could you tell me the name of a budget diving center there, I'll try to find accomodation in homestay, to stay on a budget ?
Thank you

More importantly first is how much time to you have?

Hello
Thank you

In terms of budget accom the options you have are (in no real order):
1) Sea Souls - looks interesting,
2) Coral Eye - gets fairly good reviews,
3) Nomad Divers - seems to get a ton of good reviews
4) Mimpi Indah (been there twice...the resort is great, the food ok, the dive guides really let me down the last time) you can search my previous trip reports

Blue Bay, Murex and the new Bastianos are not exactly budget accoms.

Back
Top Bottom