Love SWFL Rains...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
So.. here I sit at 5.20pm with the office running on generator power, my laptop sucking up generator power... watching the thunderstorm roll by outside. Its rainy season again!

It didnt take to long.. only a few days past the begining of Hurricane season (typically the start of the rainy season as well) and we're on monster afternoon storm #2. For some reason we've completely skipped "passing showers" so far, mother nature opting instead to provide the killer light show and flood the road rains. I hope others enjoy this sort of display of nature as I do... I just wish it'd occur after I left from the office :)

Lucky you. I get to work OUTSIDE.
got to go home today before 3:00 cause of the rain.

There are more times than not when I believe it is you who is the lucky one. In my lucky job I sit and stare at PC screens all day and have to play "guess what spyware or ad-ware I have now!" or "can you find the file for this virus?"... there is no real job satisfaction since every job is just continuous.. a never ending string of problems.

CBulla:
There are more times than not when I believe it is you who is the lucky one. In my lucky job I sit and stare at PC screens all day and have to play "guess what spyware or ad-ware I have now!"

O.K. lucky, as long as you don't bring the rain with ya..(lol)

Wear garlic this weekend! LOL
Rains have missed my house so far, and the grass is all brown and droopy. Rained pretty good near work (14 miles north), saw a good lightning storm and heard lots of thunder, but so far, only a little rain.

No rains over there.. its all happening here.. 40-50% every day in the afternoon through the weekend. Actually, that could be our weather report from now till September when it changes from afternoon to morning. :)

Just close your eyes when you walk past the window, carry a brolly or newspaper to deflect rain on your run to the car (i would prefer the paper, the brolly takes forever to close and you get just as wet as you are putting it down as you would have running across the parking lot) - i thought you were a FL guy, lived here your whole life?? Didnt you sign the waiver saying you accepted the summer monsoon season?? We foreigners who move over here have to sign that waiver - why not the locals? :wink:

Anyway, think of it this way, how much more annoyed would you be if people were forever forecasting bad weather throughout most of the day, you change your plans to do stuff that wont involve you being stuck on top of a mountain during a thunderstorm (with a 2-3 hour hike to get back to the car) - only to find that whilst you are doing said safer activities it is a fine, sunny, wonderful day all along and the weather forecasters are just gloom and doom merchants sending fear through the TV sets on morning shows?? Well that spoilt at least 2 days of our recent trip - sure there are going to be huge storms sweeping into NY state after the torrential stuff to the west - in fact i think there was only about 1" of rain (overnight only, nothing in the days) over those two days - the days were in the 70's and very sunny - felt like such a waste of time. That is frustrating to spend your vacation time listening to people who cant interprit weather patterns nor do they actually show the data they are using to "predict" this weather. Grrrr [/rant] I would prefer the summer rainstorms over wasting time on vacation anyday. :wink: BTW, we still hiked for 4 days (40+ miles) and had a bit of biking and kayaking which was nice - so the week wasnt a loss, only tuesday and wednesday.

I almost forgot, whatever comes in over the Gulf or Atlantic coasts seems to migrate inland and hang over Orlando for many hours - or at least that is the way the patterns seem to move - who put Disney World here anyway, surely there are places with better weather patterns??? We are getting the storms like clockwork already - they are guided up from Tampa via I-4 and in from the space coast on SR-528 - nice quick routes for the storms to follow!!

Scuba_Jenny:
Wear garlic this weekend! LOL
Rains have missed my house so far, and the grass is all brown and droopy. Rained pretty good near work (14 miles north), saw a good lightning storm and heard lots of thunder, but so far, only a little rain.

Let's hope rain curse for you is still gone :D :D . 'course as long as it's not lightning and thundering we'll be wet anyway so let's go diving....

Wildbill:cop_2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom