LOVE my SpringStraps...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased some EZ SpringStraps while diving in FL. I only wished I would have purchased them sooner.

These are bright yellow. My cuz and dive buddy said she used my yellow straps to identify me when we got a bit apart.

No more adjusting straps in the water, no more messing with straps period, or worrying about one breaking.

If you are considering spring straps, and on the fence, don't be. Just go out and buy a pair. For the $30 I paid they are well worth it.

But keep in mind, that only the yellow ones seem to work good.. the rest are substandard :D

Just put the same ones (in black!) on both my wife's and my fins. They are very close to being the coolest accessory I have ever bought for scuba.

Im gonna have to wait until the price comes down. They're a little ridiculous right now.

Are either of the ones the kind where you had to trim the fin some??

Rich, I'll make you some for a reasonable price. Don't have any yellow hose on hand, though, I'm using clear right now. PM me if you're interested.

Might have to get some yellow, if it turns out people want it.

Do you think what is the reasonable number for it? I also did DIY.

Wayward Son knows what I am talking about in other thread.....

Its cost was more than I expected. So, I am serious about asking your opinion. Of course, I am not in a business at all..

RICHinNC:
Im gonna have to wait until the price comes down. They're a little ridiculous right now.

RICHinNC:
Trim the fin??? Are you serious? Sorry, I'm a newbie, never heard of this- trimming? I love mine too. They just snapped on in place of the original strap and now I don't have to un-snap them! There's a loop on the heel to pull them off/on. :14: Every time I dive, someone always says- "I gotta get me some of those!"

To my knowledge there are two types of straps...one that snaps right on the stub like the original strap.

And, there is a brand that wants you to cut off the stub the old fins snapped on to and drill holes and put in some kind of retaining screw....aint simple work...and if you dont like them...kiss those fins goodbye. Saw a set of these at a dive show in Seatle WA a couple weeks ago.

rich

Yeah...some kinds are 'permenant', but it seems quite silly to get those when you have availiable ones that will work on both pin and post type fins without modification. I got Manta straps for my Quattros, and they are incredible! Just about the best diving thing i've ever gotten. Well worth the price.

I know that I personally would not alter my fins. They cost too much for that. So I see no point in making something that would require someone else to. It doesn't seem reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom