Louisville , CO Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum

Dive Bum Wannabe
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I may be travelling to Louisville , CO soon. Is there any worthwile diving I should try to include in my visit?

Thanks
Pete

Hi Pete, If you are coming to Colorado then you must dive Cozumel or Rotan, unless people still trying to say that these are not our local dive spots :) . In the local area uless you are desperate to get wet go stand in a closet with the lights off looks basicly the same as Aroura Res. Sorry. Turquoise lake at Leadville if you are here soon enough before it freezes. That only a two hour drive away and 10,000 ft elevation.

So I take it the region's not a dive mecca?

Looks like I won't be making the trip after all, the supplier is coming here to demo the equipment instead.

Thanks,
Pete

spectrum:

Well, it's a diver's mecca. More certified divers here per capita than anywhere else in the US. Several good, strong LDSs even. But for local diving?

The oft-repeated joke when someone hears the above stat and asks where we go to dive around here is: "Well, first you drive to the airport..."

See signature line below...:D

spectrum:

Looks like I won't be making the trip after all, the supplier is coming here to demo the equipment instead.

Thanks,
Pete

There are a few of us who do dive the lakes around here.
Cold water, low viz and muddy bottoms but we are underwater. :scubadive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom