Louisiana divers survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although not local for me the Toledo Bend dam turbine discharge channel is a nice dive when the dam isn't generating. Vis is 10 to 15 feet with a sandy gravel bottom.

Hey Capt, I'm originally from the Toledo bend area but have only dove it once (a few years back for OW certification). Would like to go back and dive the graveyards and old Sabine Town (just south of Pendleton Bridge). If you or anyone else is interested lets set up a trip

Hey Capt, I'm originally from the Toledo bend area but have only dove it once (a few years back for OW certification). Would like to go back and dive the graveyards and old Sabine Town (just south of Pendleton Bridge). If you or anyone else is interested lets set up a trip

It's a little far for me considering that I can get to a lot better diving traveling the same time and distance in a different direction. I dived the lake and turbine channel in conjunction with my being there for another function. If I ever have reason to be heading that way I'll give you a shout.

This survey is for Louisiana divers. Besides the Gulf of Mexico oil rigs what are your favorite Louisiana dive sites.
I know other than the Gulf Louisiana waters aren't exactly great diving but is there water close to your home that you dive.
Mine is Lake Ponchatrain, not great but some good days can be had and it is only two miles from home.

HEY Captain.We did it.....'07 champs, btw, all 5 of us made in the Dome....what a game!!...

I really enjoyed the flower gardens this summer, lots of current & lots of BIG waves, ouch...Also have started back @ Toledo Bend(went this past summer for the 1st time in 10+ years...The Turbine Channel is nice also but limited on depth, 20 ft. max gut usually 10'+/- vis.........

oilman, I'm ready.........used to dive TB all the time in the mid 80's, quit till this past summer....LET'S GEAUX, give me a holler, PM me if necessary..........I just got a 6/5 suit setup going again just for TB-- know of one other from Bunkie that wants to start diving TB(I live in DeRidder)...........GEAUX TIGERS.........

LET'S GEAUX, give me a holler, PM me if necessary -- know of one other from Bunkie that wants to start diving TB(I live in DeRidder)..

PM sent...looking forward to setting something up.

Should we do a SB meet & Greet/Dive in the lake sometime?

The Bayou liberty stuff sounds cool, but may not be for all skill levels (I would certainly like to find some sites closer to home)

I'm up for a meet & greet.

HEY Captain.We did it.....'07 champs, btw, all 5 of us made in the Dome....what a game!!...

I really enjoyed the flower gardens this summer, lots of current & lots of BIG waves, ouch...Also have started back @ Toledo Bend(went this past summer for the 1st time in 10+ years...The Turbine Channel is nice also but limited on depth, 20 ft. max gut usually 10'+/- vis.........

I was in the dome too, spent the weekend in NOLA tailgating.

I was in the dome too, spent the weekend in NOLA tailgating.

I had a meeting in Chalmette on Monday. I was disappointed at how much has still not been done in that area. I stayed away from New Orleans, though I did attend a funeral at Lake Lawn Monday afternoon.

I am up for a meet and greet. What about diving in the lake somewhere? Maybe the suggestion over by Bayou Liberty?

The Bayou Liberty site is only 6 to 8 feet depending on the tide. It was the site of the Old Clubhouse from many years ago, probably pre-1940. It is in the Lake at the Mouth of Bayou Liberty. Just look for the circle of pilings. It is a 5 minute boat ride from St. Genevieve.

Where is the closest boat launch. That may be a good meeting place.
Which side of the mouth of Bayou Liberty was the club house.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom