Lots of little stingers in the Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rogersea

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Tongo Poiint Basdiot Moalboal Philippines
# of dives
Just a word of caution, for the last week we have had lots of little stinging creatures in the water, so if you will be diving Moalboal in the next week or so please take care to wear a full wetsuit and possibly a hood if you have one handy......

CHeers,
Roger

im always fully suit-up w/ hood. afraid of stings or getting scratched. safer. Thx Roger.

i'm fully covered. i found out that i'm allergic to plankton so i got myself a deflector to protect my mouth.

thanks mate.. might be heading up to moalboal in a few days. can you guys recommend a good guide and where to rent out equipment that is not so expensive?

thanks mate.. might be heading up to moalboal in a few days. can you guys recommend a good guide and where to rent out equipment that is not so expensive?

Savedra is a great Dive Center, all the guides can put you on the things that interest you. I have not dived with them for many years but Nelsons is pretty cheap and I understand the Guides are pretty good. I am at Turtle Bay and our guides are very good, we are a bit more expensive then Savedra.

HTHs

I always get those little stingers when I dive in the Philippines. I figured it was always that way, but I usually go the same time of year every year--February/March. They don't bother me much, but they do seem to really bother some others.

Back
Top Bottom