Lots of computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still waiting for refund to clear. I will send you back the Pro Plus 2 when it does.

For all you folks wondering why I opt for a refund, I provided a link of a picture I took of his "little beat up on the sides but screen is like flawless" Pro Plus 2 looks like.
I never even bothered inspecting it for functionality, or what not. People have different meanings on the phrase. This is his interpretation of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/euniceperet/4291239066/

Make sure to click All sizes.

I would like to point out I dive with weaserm99
Just so people know, there is nothing wrong with that computer at all. It was used as recently as Jan 1 with me. There is a screen protector on the screen, which is what has some scuffs on it, that is what it is for. It has a new hose and newer compass as of last summer. Yes its scratched up on the sides, we do a lot of river and quarry diving. That is why it was listed as "little beat up".

You bought a $700+ computer for peanuts without seeing any pictures. Then the seller offered to refund your money because for some reason you are not happy with it.

I really don't think you have anything to grip about, let alone coming public and criticizing him on his descriptions.

FYI he did not offered to refund the money. I initiated a refund through Paypal. He even wanted to discount the Paypal fees AND his shipping fee from the refund. Which I'm not sure why, when it is not him who will refund the fees, but Paypal itself. And I will be the one to spend on the shipping fee back to him (waste of my money & time).

I did not criticize his description, I merely stated that everyone holds a different meaning to the phrase. That dive computer,for me / in my definition , falls under "VERY BEAT UP" and not "little beat up"

BTW, it's not scratched up JUST ON THE SIDES. It's scratched up EVERYWHERE (as you can see from the pics). True the screen has a protector, but it doesn't extend to the edges, therefore the screen edges plus the buttons are scratched. And did I mention the 1cm gouge ACROSS THE COMPASS WINDOW?

I merely posted the picture so people will have an idea of what they're buying. Simply giving others the option to look at the item first before they commit to buying. Else they'll end up like me, wasting $$$ on shipping fee back to the seller for an item that was misrepresented.

The analogy is, a buyer doesn't go to a store and ask the seller to describe the item. Then if requested for pictures, that's the only time seller will show. Does that how it works? No. Instead the seller shows the item, describes it and if buyer is happy, buy it. If not, then walk away.

I would rather spend $700 on a new dive computer because I understand it is indispensable when diving. It was my mistake that I trust people's description too easily. I mean, it's not his fault that's "little beat up" in his perspective.

I have no gripe about the transaction. He refunded the money, I wait for it to clear, he gets his computer back.
Oh, you're from Buffalo, NY too I see. Maybe you work in the same dive shop as he does. Now I understand why you made your statement. :eyebrow:

I would like to point out I dive with weaserm99
Just so people know, there is nothing wrong with that computer at all. It was used as recently as Jan 1 with me. There is a screen protector on the screen, which is what has some scuffs on it, that is what it is for. It has a new hose and newer compass as of last summer. Yes its scratched up on the sides, we do a lot of river and quarry diving. That is why it was listed as "little beat up".

You bought a $700+ computer for peanuts without seeing any pictures. Then the seller offered to refund your money because for some reason you are not happy with it.

I really don't think you have anything to grip about, let alone coming public and criticizing him on his descriptions.

Last edited:
I will say that I am buying the Atom 2 and the seller has been great. He sent photos and waited for me to get a paypal account set up. As you can see I am from Missouri and do not know the guy other than through scubaboard.

I think I made it clear that I was acquainted with the seller in the first sentence of my post.
I do not work in the scuba industry at all, the seller is just a friend and I came across your post and asked him what was up.

If you want a computer that looks new, then spend the money and buy a new computer. If you want to buy something used and your worried about some scratches then get pictures first like everyone else. He offered to send pictures in this thread.

Just some friendly advice, its much better to deal with a seller directly and ask for a refund and return if you want one. People are more receptive to that then if you go file a grievance with PayPal right off the bat. Most times when buying from a private seller all sales are final. And just like in a store, you pay before I ship and if you want a refund I get my item back before I refund. I think he was VERY nice in giving you the refund before getting the item back.

I see you only have a few dives listed in your profile, if this is true you will learn that new shiny gear does not stay that way when its used. My Pro Plus 2 and my wife's don't look much better then the one the seller sold you. You wont want to buy anything from central FL, that's cave country.

I just find it funny that you mentioned this -- "And just like in a store, you pay before I ship and if you want a refund I get my item back before I refund. I think he was VERY nice in giving you the refund before getting the item back."

That's like all in favor of the seller. Where's buyer's protection? Haha. I bet if you bought something without looking at it, and it just said "little beat up", that when then it arrived to you looking like the picture, you'll be shocked and would want a refund too. Well. Unless of course you have low standards. LOL

Look dude, if you're trying to defend the guy, it's alright. You're buddies and what not. I have no quarrel with either of you.
Like I said, "It was my mistake that I trust people's description too easily."
It was too late for me when I realized that people describe things differently.

I appreciate the tip.
Will keep it in mind. :eek:k:

Last edited:
Atom 2 and Pro Plus 2 sold and shipped

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom