Lost weight belt /Stillwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Lost a weightbelt on my attempt to swim out from Stillwater Cove. Not very far out or deep - prob 10ft water just out on the left side by rock. I can describe if found. I heard there were a few other lost this last weekend as well.
:depressed: I miss it already

Call it a donation, and the next time you recover one...well consider it yours, unless it is marked with a name. <Put your name on your gear if you want it back.

Most of the belts I find from ab divers have been down for years. Last time diving Still Water I recovered about a 35lb belt that had been down for a couple of years. So far I have recovered about 6 weight belts. Van Damne is like a gold mine for them, as I seem to find one on every dive. The most common thing I find on them is plastic buckles. Take that as a recommendation for stainless buckles, or even better a rubber belt from Mako with a stainless buckle. They will replace the belt should you have to ditch it, plus they tend to not fall off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom