lost light at Whytecliff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cram

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know this is a longshot, but I'm hoping someone might have seen a light I lost at Whytecliff Park on Saturday (Sept. 12). It's a black UK C8. Stupidly, I did not have it labeled with my name or anything else.

I had it for the first dive of the day at 11:00, and then when I was getting ready for the second dive at around 1:30 it was gone. I'm guessing I left in on the beach when I came in from the first dive, but I can't be sure.

I guess it's time to label all my equipment and get in the habit of clipping all my loose gear to my BC between dives.

I always put a piece of paper inside the battery compartment with a note... It worked once in the caribbean when my lanyard snapped and another dive guide found it... had to buy a few beers but got the light back...

Just a thought if you do not like the thought of writing on expensive gear...

may your light soon find its own way back into your gear bag

Last edited:
off topic but...

...im guessing that with all the newbie divers in new kit brandishing shiny new knives... thats prolly not an ideal swimming hole to take small children to in the summer....

(mental image of a *new* sharp point going through the arch of a kid's foot)

Relax, you worry too much.

I'd bet any beach that isn't 100% sand would have MANY more broken beer bottles than dive knives.

I have forgotten my left, blue dry glove a few weeks ago at WhyteCliff. I guess I've forgot it on a one of benches, somewhere next to "The Cut". I have comeback to recover a hour later, but the glove wasn't there... The glove has a black plastic ring around the wrist. It's not new and heavily scratched. The gloves made by Northern Divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom