Lost Gopro Thursday April 28th On Palancar Caverns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People are paying :eek:$650 for a Gopro?????? You gotta be kidding me, I thought those things were like $90

The most popular model among scuba divers seems to be the Gopro Hero 4 Silver, which can be had on Amazon for as low as $329. But then there are the accessories such as memory card, tray, and filters that can easily take the setup to $650. Add light$$$$ and you can quickly jump to $1000-$2000.

and you can quickly jump to $1000-$2000.

like I said :eek:!!!

Spending that kind of money for that kind of video system??? For what they are I thought nobody was spending much for them. You can't even manually white balance them can you or have they added that now?

For the money they're definitely one of the best entry-level photo/video devices available, especially for the point-and-shoot market. They're dive-ready out of the box, and the extras are just a point of preference. They're not big in the way of manual settings, but a little tweaking in Light Room and Photoshop can do wonders.

If you want the ability to take videos and pictures with little to no effort, they're great. Also, with the price of even a bare bones DSLR setup....they're practically a steal.

For the money they're definitely one of the best entry-level photo/video devices available, especially for the point-and-shoot market. They're dive-ready out of the box, and the extras are just a point of preference. They're not big in the way of manual settings, but a little tweaking in Light Room and Photoshop can do wonders.

If you want the ability to take videos and pictures with little to no effort, they're great. Also, with the price of even a bare bones DSLR setup....they're practically a steal.

Seems to be a difference in opinion, one person says they are a steal another says you'll have $2000 into one.

FYI - NuPro cameras are a GoPro competitor targeting the water sport world (scuba, fishing, surfing, etc) that I believe is a much better camera at a lower cost and you don't need to buy cases to waterproof it.

SportCamera.us
two%20cameras.jpg

like I said :eek:!!!

Spending that kind of money for that kind of video system??? For what they are I thought nobody was spending much for them. You can't even manually white balance them can you or have they added that now?
I think they added that to Hero2 and up with the firmware update that brought protune (raw video). The things produce very nice video for the money. Sure, if you spend $5k on a dslr you can do better.

As for the cameras, the top end gopro is $499 msrp. The $5k link that was provided earlier was a bundle of multiple gopros, and various accessories all together.

I tried my hand at buying a knockoff gopro this year and was really disappointed. The camera looked like a gopro, but the video looked awful even in broad daylight. It was useless for diving.

If you paid $650 for a gopro you either got screwed or got a bunch of accessories with the actual camera.

I think it's all relative. You could sink $ 2,000 into a GoPro setup, but I wouldn't. At that point it's much better to look at what you really want to accomplish. If it's just to have fun and take a few pictures/videos, you can't really go wrong with one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom