Lost Go-Pro camera on Paradise reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
image.jpg
Hello Cozumel divers!

My go pro hero session 4 with floatable hand grip and waterproof case was lost last Friday on March 16th at around 1 pm at paradise reef.

Pictures attached for what the camera looks like.
View attachment 451054 View attachment 451055
I was diving at paradise reef and I lost grip on the camera and it went up to the surface. A scuba boat came and picked it up and left the scene. I was with the dive shop company and my divemaster was Alec.

The camera has one week worth of pictures and videos on it and they means a lot to me and my girlfriend.

We are deaf and we signed a lot in the videos so if you have the camera then please contact me ASAP.

Reward: $40 for the camera and I will pay for shipping to Washington DC

Email me at daryberke@yahoo.com

Last edited:
It's likely that it wasn't so much stolen as picked up as a lost camera found floating. There are several dive ops who have people on Scubaboard, so if one of them sees this thread (ahem... @Christi , @Dave Dillehay , @manta_man ...) they might be able to get the word out and get your camera back to you.

Good luck!

Do you happen to know the name of the boat or at least be able to describe it? If you have that info, post it here. SB folks helped someone else get their camera back in the last few months.

I'm sorry you LOST your camera. Stolen, no!

Post you LOSS on trip advisor, and Cozumel 4 You Facebook...

I would change your title. If I found it and read you title, i would be offended by the accusation.

Sorry you lost your camera.

That a dive shop picked it up is probably the only likelyhood it will make its way back to you. You would have never found it on the surface by the time you got up there after a safety stop. I hope it does find it's home, and I agree, I would remove the assertion that it was stolen if you want that to happen.

But if it doesn't, take this as a lesson to secure your camera to yourself with redundancy. I hope your dives were otherwise great.

Did you have your contact information as the first photo in memory? If you did there's a good chance it will make its way back to you.

I agree with the others; if it was unattended at the surface, it was found, not stolen.

Thanks for the replies and I appreciate the effort locating the go pro!

I can’t change the title so I’ll leave it as is regarding it as lost not stolen.

The boat looked like medium sized scuba that holds maybe 20 to 25 people. It was white on bottom with dual hulls on each side and ladder on the right at rear for divers to board the boat.

Only view I had was from bottom of the boat because I was about 30 feet underwater with other 5 divers and a divemaster.

I had a feeling it was a scuba diving boat because it was right at the paradise reef and it picked my camera after like few mins surfacing.

Sounds like possibly one of the Furys snorkel catamarans.

Yeah, a Fury cat with a bunch of drunk cruise ship snorkelers. Unfortunately, I have a feeling one of them scored a free Go-Pro and your video has already been recorded over with Lord knows what (but I could be wrong). Ever seen a Fury Cat come back to port and the condition the cruise ship tourons are in when they are departing it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom