Lost exhaust tee at Monastery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaregia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had a fairly exciting Monastery dive earlier today. I'll post an A&I about it in a bit, but the short of it is that my buddy was freaking out and I ended up without an octo keeper or an exhaust tee on my octo reg. It's a ScubaPro R109 (adjustable), and the folks on the DIY boards say the exhaust tees are a bear to source. Most likely it's floating around somewhere at South Monastery, but just on the chance that it came off by the car I thought I'd post.

I wasn't in Monterey today, but judging by the swell report, today doesn't look like a Monastery day. What happened?

Swell report was way off actually. I totally thought I wasn't going to dive today based on the swell report. Waves were under a foot. Visibility was 30'. Water was in the low- to mid-50s.
C&M forecast was:

.TODAY...SE WINDS 15 TO 30 KT...INCREASING TO 25 TO 35 KT LATE
THIS MORNING. COMBINED SEAS 6 TO 12 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 11
SECONDS. SHOWERS AND SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.

Operative words are "COMBINED SEAS". That means swell+windchop. And reading the Navy model, swell was to be small, and that's the way it worked out. Buoy reported
about three hours of 3-4' swell and 10-12' at 7 seconds wind chop. Since there was
a SE wind, Monastery wouldn't see the windchop.

Chuck

Back
Top Bottom