Lost camera, Point Lobos, near the launch ramp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brenna_gr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
my husband lost a fuji f31 point & shoot in a clear & orange case, no strobe, in the water near the launch ramp today, may 17, at whaler's cove.

if anyone finds it, please pm me!

thank you

-brenna

I meant to look for it that day, but the vis and surge were so bad that there was no way I could search for anything, and it's probably washed away or buried by now.

se la vie :(

I assume the camera in the housing is negatively buoyant?

great advice chuck ,,,I will follow this advice with my own camera..

Don't be so sure. There's a good chance it will turn up by and by.

But there's a message: put your name, address, phone number, and e-mail INSIDE the
housing.
oh you can bet, first thing I did when my camera's housing arrived (was already on order when my husband's camera went AWOL) was to put contact info inside.

I also have a contact info shot locked as the first image on all my memory cards, since the slip of paper trick doesn't work so well when the camera's topside.

...it's probably washed away or buried by now.

Don't be so sure. There's a good chance it will turn up by and by.

Well, Chuck wins the bet. Guess what I found diving at Pt. Lobos yesterday? :D

Description of camera and location matches perfectly. Brenna, check your private messages, contact information included.

Best news, camera still works! Even shows full battery!?! Dry and fully charged, after sitting in the ocean for a bit more than 4.5 months. Not too shabby!

And yes, for those counting and keeping track, this is the -second- camera I've found in Monterey. Never did find the owner for the first one. Lucky for Brenna that she posted to Scubaboard and I was able to search the archives, so to speak. The system works!

Its funny, I used to find lead. Constantly. Now I'm on to camera's. I like the way this is going, pretty soon I'll move on to diamond rings and Rolex's.

Ryan Holmboe

Well, Chuck wins the bet. Guess what I found diving at Pt. Lobos yesterday? :D

Description of camera and location matches perfectly. Brenna, check your private messages, contact information included.

Best news, camera still works! Even shows full battery!?! Dry and fully charged, after sitting in the ocean for a bit more than 4.5 months. Not too shabby!

And yes, for those counting and keeping track, this is the -second- camera I've found in Monterey. Never did find the owner for the first one. Lucky for Brenna that she posted to Scubaboard and I was able to search the archives, so to speak. The system works!

Its funny, I used to find lead. Constantly. Now I'm on to camera's. I like the way this is going, pretty soon I'll move on to diamond rings and Rolex's.

Ryan Holmboe

When and where did you find the first one? (I have a reason for asking...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom