Lost at Angel City, Andrea 1, or Front Porch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cold diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OK here's one for all the Bonaire Divers. on 7-5-09 my wife lost a white gold and diamond "Dolphin" wrap (ring), she thinks at Angel City during our entry, but the tittle has the other dives we did that day. It has blue diamonds in it for eyes. It was her anniversary gift a few years ago on one of our dive trips, so on the off chance it turns up please PM me.
Thanks

Good luck with that!

:D

As an aside, I can never understand why people travel with - much less dive with - jewelry.

I only got 25 guilders for it. was it worth more than that?

I sincerely hope you get it, but reality is, I hope it was insured against just such an occasion somehow.

HAHA ya I don't expect to ever see it again but I thought I would ask, she lost her snorkel and later that day another diver staying in the same B&B found it. Ya There was some um....."discussion" about the dive jewelry.

Never hurts to ask! Stranger things have turned up. I never wore rings diving knowing how they slide off under pressure. I did wear my diamond stud earrings with screw backs believing they would be secure. Still, I routinely checked my earrings during my dives as one checks gauges. During a recent dive, I reached right ear - no problem, left ear - the screw back was missing and the stud was hanging out. Carefully removed stud and carried the remainder of the dive. Struggled out of water using one hand. Only back on land did I tell the other half what had transpired and he was not happy (though not as mad as I expected!) Lesson - other then dive watch, no jewelry!

wish you the best of luck. Tough way to learn a lesson. Lost a somewhat nice dive watch at he Fredrickstad pier back in the early 1990s so watches stay at home except for the dive computer. Now I wear inexpensive CZ earrings when I dive...have a dozen replacements in case they get lost.

cz and silver jewelry is your friend, Hope someone finds it for you!!

There is an even better reason to avoid jewelry while diving. Some fish (ex. Barracuda) may mistake the glimmer of gold or silver as the reflection from the scales of a baitfish. I'd hate to lose a finger (or an earlobe) much worse than a piece of metal with a rock on it. I've caught many a fish on a Johnson Gold Spoon which if you've never seen one, trust me, they don't look like any natural fish out there. For some reason, they're attracted to the shiny metal.

Back
Top Bottom