Los Roques?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric:

1. Yes, Sesto Continente now operates under the commercial name of Arrecife Divers and you already got their website. They are the oldest and best equiped dive operator in Los Roques. I´ve dove with them in the past and would go again with them.

2. As per¨Posada Guaripete, heard of them but don´t have an opinion.

3. I´ve just spoke on the phone with Aereotuy (www.tuy.com) and have good and bad news for you. The bad news is only 10 Kg. free luggage and a small (unspecified weight) personal bag with you onboard. The good news: Only Bs. 5 per extra kilo, which is about 0,80 US$ per kilo. Validate this yourself calling at their CCS reservations phone numbers in their website.

4. Aereotuy explained to me that you can get a quote for them for air transportation plus accomodations in Posada Vista al Mar (with A/C, which I would rate a must in Los Roques, if you want to catch any sleep at night). Write to sperez@tuy.com

5. For an alternative all included quotation (Aereotuy + diving with Arrecife Divers + accomodation in another posada with A/C) you can write to my LDS in Caracas: Aquasub (www.aquasub.com.ve). Write to Marco Balocco info@aquasub.com.ve and tell him you know me from Scubaboard. I spoke with him this morning about your case.

Good luck

Arturo

Hi Arturo,
I'm already with my airplan tickets (Jomicol).
I choose Jomicol/sundance. Although they charge 2USD per extra kilo, their organization and their aircraft seems to be better... and you know: security is always the best choice!!!
I might be wrong, but I hope not :) . Thanks any way.

Another question: Is there any tax that I should pay at the island or at the Caracas airport? If there is, do you know the value?
Thank you

Hi Eric:

Personally, I would only fly with Aereotuy. I concur their organization socks, but they have the best maintained fleet and that counts for me. Chapi Air and Sol de America are two other small independent airlines flying to LR, but I never (ever) heard of Jamicol/Sundance. I wish you luck.

Yes, there is a small tax you have to pay in Bolivares at Maiquetía Airport, because is a domestic flight. And yes, there is a flat tourist fee (I understand foreigners pay a bit more than nationals) that you have to pay upon arrival in LR for visiting the National Park. I don´t know their exact amounts but both are small. And payable in Bolivares (I advise you to read a previous reply on this same thread about this subject).

Have a good trip and write a trip report once you return. Tip: Don´t miss "La Guasa" diving site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom