Los Cabos mixed level diving tips appreciated!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Max. I did visit a lot of sites online already. It’s just this is the first time we’ll be diving away from home. Plus I’m concerned whether my wife’s level, or heck even my level can handle the unknown conditions. Feeling a little unease... Thanks for the tips!

If it helps, dives in the Corridor are some of the easiest and most stress free we have ever done.

No current to speak of, close in structure, very visible bottom.

What we love is the rock structure and intriguing marine life.

If you are early in your diving career; you won't find a better locale.

The corridor can be lovely. It's usually a lot less noisy than the local dives around Cabo San Lucas.
When I refer to noise, I don't mean the crackle and pop of the reef and marine life. I am referring to the constant drone of boat motors as they travel above you in numbers - back and forth, to and fro. It's one of the things you have to be aware of when diving CSL as you surface. There could always be a boat on top of you!

The corridor has different marine life. There's just less traffic. Just like anywhere else, there will be dive sites that are nice and calm, but it can change and you might find yourself in some current or surging water. But don't worry. It's not like you have to swim back to the boat. I keep my own SMB on me even though most operations don't really require you to have one.
Just last month I was diving there and for some reason the dive master decided to guide us into the strong current for 20 minutes rather than just letting us drift with it. Hmm. That's another story that I ranted about in the appropriate forum on here already. ;-)
But again, the dive sites along the corridor are lovely!

I've dove with Manta divers in CSL.
And another operation I'm hesitant to suggest. (10 years of loyalty but a very bad last experience in Nov).
Nautilus is one company I intend on trying. I've heard some great things about them!
Nautilus Dive Cabo San Lucas

Forgot to mention, when we were on our SI between our Corridor dives during the first week in November, we saw two whales breaching, heading up to the Sea of Cortez.

Boat captain was courteous enough to chase them for a while to allow us to see them more closely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom