Los Cabos mixed level diving tips appreciated!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leo Liu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

My wife and I are planning to do some scuba diving around Los Cabos area.

She was certified OW in cold water drysuit over a year ago, and has about a dozen dives, with the last about 11 months ago, all in cold water and dry suit, and never off of a boat (due to being sea sick during too long of a boat ride). I am an active diver with rescue cert. All my approximately 80 dives are in cold water and dry suit, shore and boat. We are staying at San Jose del Cabo.

Can anyone recommend any particular site, area, or even shops that can be good for our mixed levels of dive experience, and ideally logistically easy?

I tried looking up sites of dive shops in the area, but couldn’t get much description of what we want to know for the sites their tours run at, ie. terrain, depth, viz, current, distance to shore, etc...

Muchas Gracias!

Leo

I recommend skipping mexico. And heading to Key Largo, or somewhere in the Caribbean.
Good Divin,
SoCalRich

The reason that you're not getting a lot of replies may be the lack of good dive sites at San Jose del Cabo. If you want to head over to Cabo San Lucas there are a few there. Better still go up to Cabo Pulmo (rent a car and drive, go by shuttle or with a company like Cabo Adventures). La Paz is also an option but it's a bit further away.

The reason that you're not getting a lot of replies may be the lack of good dive sites at San Jose del Cabo. If you want to head over to Cabo San Lucas there are a few there. Better still go up to Cabo Pulmo (rent a car and drive, go by shuttle or with a company like Cabo Adventures). La Paz is also an option but it's a bit further away.

You are right. It does look like we are stuck in the middle of San Lucas and Pulmo... Clearly we don't have much experience planning for long distance dive trips hahahaha... Thank you for the tips!

You are right. It does look like we are stuck in the middle of San Lucas and Pulmo... Clearly we don't have much experience planning for long distance dive trips hahahaha... Thank you for the tips!
I believe the area you will be at is referred to as the corridor and does have dive sites, and dive operators

A google search of "San Jose de Cabo scuba" should get you all you need
I have not dove that part or used this operator

san jose de cabo scuba - Google Search

Corridor Dive Sites | Los Cabos | Santa Maria | Chileno | Blow Hole

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to do some scuba diving around Los Cabos area.

She was certified OW in cold water drysuit over a year ago, and has about a dozen dives, with the last about 11 months ago, all in cold water and dry suit, and never off of a boat (due to being sea sick during too long of a boat ride). I am an active diver with rescue cert. All my approximately 80 dives are in cold water and dry suit, shore and boat. We are staying at San Jose del Cabo.

Can anyone recommend any particular site, area, or even shops that can be good for our mixed levels of dive experience, and ideally logistically easy?

I tried looking up sites of dive shops in the area, but couldn’t get much description of what we want to know for the sites their tours run at, ie. terrain, depth, viz, current, distance to shore, etc...

Muchas Gracias!

Leo

We've just got back from our second trip (in two years) to Cabo San Lucas, and can highly recommend diving in the Corridor. We dive with Manta Scuba out of the Cabo marina.

While we have not used the shop I am going to link to: East Cape Explorers , our research of reviews showed them to be highly recommended.

Good choice to try the Pacific Ocean/Sea of Cortez. We've been diving Cozumel/Riveria Maya for decades, and while that area represents a wide variety of diving, once we tried the West side of Mexico, it is making it difficult to head back to the Caribbean.

We've just got back from our second trip (in two years) to Cabo San Lucas, and can highly recommend diving in the Corridor. We dive with Manta Scuba out of the Cabo marina.

While we have not used the shop I am going to link to: East Cape Explorers , our research of reviews showed them to be highly recommended.

Good choice to try the Pacific Ocean/Sea of Cortez. We've been diving Cozumel/Riveria Maya for decades, and while that area represents a wide variety of diving, once we tried the West side of Mexico, it is making it difficult to head back to the Caribbean.

Wow! That’s making it sound even more exciting! Thanks for the tips!

I believe the area you will be at is referred to as the corridor and does have dive sites, and dive operators

A google search of "San Jose de Cabo scuba" should get you all you need
I have not dove that part or used this operator

san jose de cabo scuba - Google Search

Corridor Dive Sites | Los Cabos | Santa Maria | Chileno | Blow Hole
Thank you Max. I did visit a lot of sites online already. It’s just this is the first time we’ll be diving away from home. Plus I’m concerned whether my wife’s level, or heck even my level can handle the unknown conditions. Feeling a little unease... Thanks for the tips!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom