Loreto and La Paz end of Jan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richhagelin

Contributor
Reaction score
Going to be stopping in Loreto and La Paz the end of Jan. Please advise on best dive ops at either/both places.

Thanks,

Rich Hagelin

PS Experienced diver with twice-a-year trips to Caribbean for last 20 years.

I've only been to La Paz once and there are several dive ops there. My group used Baja Diving & Service and were pleased with the services the op provided.

Someone recently told me that there is only one dive op in Loreto, but I've no clue whether or not this information is accurate.

-AZTinman

I had my own boat in La Paz and used Carey in Marina La Paz, heard only good things about them from others.

You may also find some cruisers in La Paz who are willing to +1 for a trip out to the islands. Check Club Cruceros and check in on the morning net.

I've heard good things from several sources about Fun Baja for La Paz, but cannot speak to it first hand. Since we would like to return to La Paz one of these days, and also try Loreto, I'll be following this thread.

As noted in my PM reply to Rich earlier, but wanting to share with others viewing this thread, I can personally (and highly) recommend Sea And Land Eco Tours for scuba diving and much more in the Loreto area. The owners, Juve and Sara, are simply awesome and willing to work with you to help make your visit as great as possible. They can cater to small groups or even solo divers and cater to your diving style. As an avid u/w photographer, I sometimes plant myself at a strategic vantage point to capture images of specific sea life while at other times I blend into a large school of fish to capture images from within the school. Whether you are out with Juve or Sara, they just let you do your thing and watch from a little ways away. They are also open to taking time for surface encounters with whales, dolphins, Mobula Rays, etcetera if you are interested when the opportunity presents itself (like every time I was on the boat with them in 2013). You will find numerous reviews of Sea and Land Eco Tours on TripAdvisor, including my review. Take a look, they come highly recommended by many other divers as well.

~~Ray

I can also highly recommend Sea and Land Eco Tours in Loreto. I did a last minute two-tank dive with them in Oct '14 during a cruise ship port call. They are very friendly and will work with you to meet your needs and desires plus reasonable prices to-boot. Sorry this was posted after the OP's desired dates...

paul

Back
Top Bottom