Loosening stuck hp hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhpdiver:
Thanks awap. BTW - I'm thumbing thru the PeterBuilt catalog. Do you know of an (cheaper) alternative to their "yoke nut socket" ?

tried a long time ago without it, using a large adjustable wrench - not a good idea...
I now have their yoke nut, and they really do a good job when the reg is stuck... body of the reg in a vice (protected with some wood), and the yoke nut... gives a lot of strength.

only alternative would be a standard nut that you saw so it fits under the yoke, but I doubt this works as good

eric

If the flats of the yoke nut/retainer stick out past the sides of the yoke you can often use a large adjustable crescent wrench. The PB yoke nut socket inteded for the post '82 SP heavy yokes with the big 9/16" yoke screw, so if your Mk2 is earlier (SP has had a lot of different yokes over the years, has been making Mk2s since shortly after Columbus discovered America) it might not even fit yours.

It's also often possible to find a cheap open ended wrench of the necessary side, and grind down the sides to fit into the yoke.

lhpdiver:
Thanks awap. BTW - I'm thumbing thru the PeterBuilt catalog. Do you know of an (cheaper) alternative to their "yoke nut socket" ?

I just use a box wrench of the apprioriate size (3/4" on my Apeks)...

lhpdiver:

You bet. Make your own: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=81400&highlight=yoke+nut+socket#post81400

I've also made them using a 1/2 inch drive 1" socket and inserted a cut down and squared off 1/4 inch drive socket into drive area. Works with older yokes Vance is refering to. But since it came with an R190, it is probably the current 9/16 yoke.

Yup I have that and I picked up the ScubaPro Repair Guides yesterday.

I had a look at your home-made yoke nut socket. I'm afraid I don't have the tools in the garage to do something like that. I placed an order for that (and some other things) from PeterBuilt this morning.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom