Loose Inon AD mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well my lenses do click and lock and I have never had one come off. I just mentioned that it seems obvious to me that the click and lock will not last forever and as such, mine do not click as positively as they used to.

I made a tether for the UFL165AD

5082581487_c0932b26d7.jpg

5082581823_32e2e8df85.jpg

Even burping the AD lens in deep water is a risky operation if the lens is dropped. I would dread burping a threaded lens ins open blue water just to fumble it and watch it sink into the abyss. Here the AD mount is way superior to the threaded mount.

Flareside, Thank you for that image on the UCL165 tether. Can you post a photo showing exactly where you drilled your holes and the size hole? Looks rather invasive and might be detrimental to resale but I guess it is better than losing the lens.

Last edited:
Layla,

Do you feel the lens and adapter click into place? That's the positive feedback you are looking for. When it does, is it still suspiciously easy to remove when rotating in the opposite direction?

It may be possible that they were not mounted properly when they came off underwater.

Have seen a few comments about the INON AD lens mounts coming off but not so much that it has created a big fuss. This may be the longest thread on the matter already. Not my intention. Just wanted to know if the mounts can be replaced when worn.

I don't understand your comment on having to buy an S95. The cameras and housing are not related to the AD mounts coming off. Either way, your still pretty much looking at the same set of AD parts from INON. Of course the LD mounts would be a different matter. Or do you mean that your lenses came off with the INON AD adapter on it with the AD mounts still mated?

My concerns were with the lenses coming loose between the male and female AD. Not between the housing and the AD adapter.

Last edited:
...Can you post a photo showing exactly where you drilled your holes and the size hole?

Oz: Actually no drilling or any other permanent modification involved. There is a screw ring on the back of the lens and I removed one of the screws and loosened the adjacent screws on both sides to where I could lift the ring slightly and tuck the string in behind the screw that I removed. Then re-inserted the screw and tightened everything back up. Takes all of 3 minutes to do. I also selected adjacent hole locations on my double stack for simplicity underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom