Looney Birds Unite! - 3/5/2005 - Lanier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UPDATE: My harness should be in this weekend so I could atleast put that together during an SI, or after the only dive of the day. I have a feeling after these feel days of cold were looking at 45F or worse. Looks like my Oxycheq Sig Series 45# wing is out of stock and it will be 7-10 days before they are back in stock, guess I won't have my wing in time for the jetties (no big deal). Looks like my knighthawk still gets a few more dives put on it.. :)

Anybody know if the annual parking passes are available yet?

Right now they are calling for 61 degree high, with 30 percent chance of a few scattered showers, should be a pretty decent day for diving.

Looking forward to seeing whoever out at Lanier,

Matt

You still coming out TK? If you are could you please bring Wally? :) Kyle is only renting one tank due to the fact he isn't sure his 7mm will be enough. I am still bringing two tanks, even though I think I will only probably use one. I also got a new toy tonight, finally broke down and bought a canister light. I got a Dive rite MR11 10w HID Slimeline 4 hr burntime with the 6 degree reflector. I look forward to testing it out at the lake.

Matt

Can do. . .

On the way into the office this morning I heard that the weather for tomorrow looks pretty good. Chance of rain in the afternoon and highs about 65.
I wish I could make it out but the wife is dragging me to the horse farm so I'll be hanging out with the horses tomorrow. Please post a report.

Jeremy

We sure will Jer. Take some pictures of the horse farm, I love horses. I ecspecially like riding them. Unfortunately being a larger guy I never want to put stress on the horse so I don't ride anymore.. :(

Sounds good TK, I'll cya at lanier tommarrow at 11.

Matt

cant wait to dive tomorrow. i just hope my 7mm will be enough to keep me warm. TK thanks for bringing out an extra tank, i appreciate it. im only renting 1 tank cause im not shure if im going to get to cold. see yall on the lake

kyle

kylepreid:
cant wait to dive tomorrow. i just hope my 7mm will be enough to keep me warm. TK thanks for bringing out an extra tank, i appreciate it. im only renting 1 tank cause im not shure if im going to get to cold. see yall on the lake

Uhm, Kyle, TK isn't bringing out an extra tank, he's bringing out his RV (wally) for us to warm up in.. :) I think I am just going to bring out one tank as well and just do a single dive tommarrow (though looking for a nice long one). Look forward to seeing ya tommarrow D.

Kyle: I'll be at your place around 9, be ready.. :p

Matt

Kyle,
You should be fine in the 7 mm if you have a hood. I typically dive a 3 mm farmer john under a 5 mm full suit with a hood and don't really get cold until about 30-40 minutes into the dive.
You guys have fun up there, I'm sure the water will be nice and warm for you :eyebrow:
At least the weather should be nice for your SI

Thanks Allen, look forward to diving with you again at the jetties.

Matt

Dive Report - 3/5/05 - WBP Cove #1

Kyle and I drove out to Lanier today and got in a quick dive. Viz was in the 15' range and the water was pretty clear. The temp was a nice and balmy 46 degrees. Kyle's hands got cold and we called the dive after 30 minutes. We saw a couple of cool crawfish while we were goofing around, also found the navigation course. The temp was great outside, 62 degrees, but there was a wicked wind.

Unfortunately TK couldn't make it out to the dive today since his daughter was having car problems. Fatherhood takes presidence. You were missed TK, and we look forward to diving with you again soon.

I was pleased with the performance of my cannister light. All in all a good day and looking forward to diving with everyone again this weekend at the jetties.

Just as a side note we stopped into all about diving so Kyle could rent a tank. The owner was pretty cool and made me a great deal on a halcyon scout backup light. He still had one more in stock, and I would suggest one of you all to go buy it if you are in the market for a good backup light. He is selling them cheaper than anywhere online to just get his money back out of them.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom